Oh no...

Started by woolfoma, January 16, 2015, 08:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woolfoma

How am I going to trade this to anyone D:

Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

It seems many of the Centipedes in the area have been driven insane.

REMworlder

Ahahaha.

I bet you can definitely trade it for other sculptures. The funny thing is I don't think traders carry much gold (never more than 1,000?), so with gold sculptures using up 2,000 gold there's an odd net material loss going on. Too bad you can't melt sculptures down for base resources. [edit: I guess you can actually]

When you think about it, gold is bought around 20 silver and 2,000 gold is used in a sculpture. So ending up with an item worth 40,000 is basically just breaking even (or alternately there is added value is in the beauty, or x many milihelens).

Crystalline Cat

Oh, shiny! Grats! :)

But be careful: when I made one of those, raiders tripled with the next wave...

woolfoma

Quote from: REMworlder on January 16, 2015, 09:09:34 PM
Ahahaha.

I bet you can definitely trade it for other sculptures. The funny thing is I don't think traders carry much gold (never more than 1,000?), so with gold sculptures using up 2,000 gold there's an odd net material loss going on. Too bad you can't melt sculptures down for base resources. [edit: I guess you can actually]
When you think about it, gold is bought around 20 silver and 2,000 gold is used in a sculpture. So ending up with an item worth 40,000 is basically just breaking even (or alternately there is added value is in the beauty, or x many milihelens).
read the value again, the gold was worth 40,000 but that statue is worth 400,000. I have traded it before, but my game crashed because too many items rained from the sky on the one spot. if a build it, my colonys structure is worth halve a million and the raiders just pour in (only mechs are still coming at me, I befriended all the pirates and tribes).
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

It seems many of the Centipedes in the area have been driven insane.

Coenmcj

Beauty has it's prices. I guess you're about to find out the hard way. Good luck!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

FridayBiology

Congrads you've made a prison beatification device
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

REMworlder

Quoteread the value again, the gold was worth 40,000 but that statue is worth 400,000
Oh jebus. Base modifiers OP.

Tynan

Yeah, those prices are getting rebalanced in A9.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

stefanstr

Quote from: Tynan on January 18, 2015, 12:48:31 AM
Yeah, those prices are getting rebalanced in A9.

I hope you also make traders carry more silver in A9. And change the dynamic of their frequency (to avoid situations where you have noone to trade with in the late game.)

StorymasterQ

"Hello, we'd like to trade our $400,000 gold statue with your space ship, please."

Your colonists were replaced by the crew of the Ludeon Lubricants Trade Ship.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here