Wooden Walls/Doors/Furniture not showing up in build menu anymore

Started by DruelTheGamer, January 17, 2015, 03:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DruelTheGamer

I have a colony I just started and have a few buildings made of wood.  When I tried to add doors, I noticed that wooden ones are not an option.  I then also noticed that I am unable to build any wooden furniture or anymore wooden walls.  I tried to exit and come back in and I still have the problem.  I did a search and was not able to find anything in the forums on the issue.

Version: 0.8.671
Windows 8

Let me know if you need more information or if anyone else has any ideas.  I have run into this also with 2 saves now.

Kaelent

You need at least 1 of the material to have that building option. Have you tried cutting down a tree so you have wood again?

DruelTheGamer

Yep.  I had 21 wood.  I am able to build wooden floor still.

DruelTheGamer

Very strange, after coming home from dinner and loading back up the saved game.  I am again able to build them, and I don't have any wood in my inventory anymore (it was used to do some wooden floors).  So I am confused.  I will continue to try various things to try and find a pattern to help better narrow the issue down.

Carthege44

I am also having this issue. I attached a screenshot may be helpful, tried to save the game and exit it. Returned to it and still no wooden structures..?

[attachment deleted due to age]
Pinch Point Activate!!!!

Coenmcj

Don't you have to click/right click on the things before they'll give you the material options though? Not near a computer with rimworld installed so I can't really check.

Or is it not showing up at all when you do that.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Carthege44

Now i feel like an idiot lol thank you. now i dont have to binge mine steel...
Pinch Point Activate!!!!

Coenmcj

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite