[MOD] (Alpha 9) Automated healing

Started by skullywag, January 17, 2015, 06:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

which bit? its mostly lifted from core, will happily explain what i can.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

mrofa

You  could to add JobPawn to explose data so it wont loose him while save/load.
Also you dont have reset for JobPawn if player for some reason make him change jobs and then go near the casket (Pawn get suck up):D
But saving jobs makes wierd error, not sure why even thru it works apart form that error in console.
Did a workaround on that thrugh, did save job hashes and compare them with the job hashes of the JobPawn, since they are unique to.
Apart from that rest of code look to advenced for my squishy brain :D

Hopper can be avoided with..
1. making it a wokbench, recipe uses medicine items, and spawn a invisible item, invisible item scans surrounding for nearest pod send a signal to pod to charge it, and pod send a signal to item to get destroyed.
2. Charging bar, something like on rikkikis weapon batteries in his laser mod. Adding such system to a pod that it charges itself from power grid, when its full it can operate.
3. Something like my plasma charging packs, craft a item from meds(potent med jell, make you colonist more potent!), this item can be store in pawn inventory, if pod detect it, will let pawn in to heal.
4. Making pod a sotrage for meds, it will consume each med on it and add it to its charged, if charges are full it will stop storing stuff, i think its something similar to haplo nanostorage.
5. out of coffie sorry...
All i do is clutter all around.

skullywag

No idea about the job stuff?? ill look into that job interupt though.

1. It actually is a workbench (check the base extension in the class), I thought about the invis item but couldnt guarantee that it would pick up the right pod (people like placing these together), seemed hacky in the end.
2. I want some kind of charge system but as stated above the correct implementation eludes me currently.
3. The item in the inv thing is probably the best I could do right now, but id much rather wait until I can get an answer on the bill production dilema (probably from Tynan).
4. Another 1 I tried but failed at, I may come back to this and mix it with the bill production from number 1.
5. I too am out of coffee...

Lozza

Quote from: skullywag on January 17, 2015, 06:35:55 PM

Currently the injured pawn gets into the crypto and will be healed after a while (its a long ish time) he will then be popped out with all his injuries healed.

This is good and all, but could we make it so that colonists carry others to the chamber? My doctor - only doctor - is incapped in a world and looking at death because my colonists can't carry him. A 'Carry to Heal-o-Sleep Chamber' command or something would be quite nice.
Thanks in advance.

Rock5

Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

skullywag

I have the command in the dll for finding a casket i just couldnt figure out how to add it to the pawns right click menu. Why cant you just rescue him for now?

skullywag

Got this updated to A9, have updated the OP with the new mechanics.

Edit - redownload if you downloaded before seeing this edit. Hotfix added for disease handling.

f0xh0und696

woo, alpha 9, thanks, will give it a try later.
also great mod.  ;D

UMK

Can you create new Job and JobDriver to use medicine to self-healing, which will be activated when pawn is wounded and undrafted and have enough skill (instead of resting)? It will work fine with this mod.
P.S. You can even bother yourself with making pawns using carried medicine, and make them carry it.