[MOD] (Alpha 9) Automated healing

Started by skullywag, January 17, 2015, 06:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Hey everyone.

So i was messing with EdBs scenarios and started a game on the lone survivor, it soon dawned on me it was gonna nigh on impossible to survive as I couldnt heal myself. So I started tinkering and came up with this mod. It uses a hopper (Medical Gel Synthesizer) to feed in herbal meds (10 per) itll heal disease (completely) and injuries, it might even fix some things that are unfixable in the core game (please test this).

Download SelfHeal

Currently the injured pawn gets into the crypto and will be healed after a while (its a long ish time) he will then be popped out with all injuries that can be healed, healed. If they have a frail or bad back or cateracts these will be healed but will require multiple treatments. Diseases will also be treated, again may need multiple treatments.

The pod needs to be fed herbal medicine (10 per treatment) via a custom hopper. (This is temporary until i can figure out a better way of handling this)

So yeah play with it, feedback is appreciated. I still feel its OP but im hoping once I get the logic for working out length of time and meds used I can balance it better.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Azrail

I like the idea of a tweaked healing tank. Reminds me of all those healing pods you see in sci-fi movies.

If you want ideas for balancing how about it needing a hopper to feed it med kits and just have it heal the injuries at the level of those healing kits. It wouldn't be OP anymore as all it would be doing is working as a normal pawn would healing you but minus the need for the doctor. It would auto balance itself out that way as you still need to build the healing pod and supply it power where as normally all you would need is a bed and another pawn.

Shinzy

I'd have it draw way more power =P it did seem to only heal one wound at a time and took me over 14 days to fully heal person beaten senseless (you can haul patients straight in there which is grape!)
but I feel it'd be very exploitey during hectic times like that if you can build room full of them
and slowly heal others while your doctor patches up someone at much steadier pace

but then again big powerdraw on early game =P pff
Azrails hopper thing came to mind first, too!

imma do some *proper* testing with my ongoing game =P they're about to get some clubs to face right soon! Tribal attack coming through! ;D I should be able to build one of them healtanks

Also renamed the mod as MoreHealpods =P *poke*

skullywag

I have the hopper code already written, I just didnt implement it here as personally i feel its an ugly mechanic. (the hopper in general)

Id like another way. However if I could have the colonists load the actual building....it is already a container....hmmm

Ill tweak the time, it wasnt supposed to take that long lol. 1 day should be plenty. I should probably add a powercut mechanic, as in if power is cut it dumps the patient out with nothing healed.

Igabod

Make bacta tanks from Star Wars! High power cost, requires a medpack to be brought to the tank before the patient is put in it. Should take at least 3 days to fully heal a patient. Has a slight chance of failing to have any effect. Has an even smaller chance to make colonists walk on water.... oh, wait, they already do.

RemingtonRyder

Well, for a drawback, it might be nice if the colonists get addicted to using the thing even when they're not injured, like the Goa'uld sarcophagus. :)

Igabod

Quote from: marvinkosh on January 17, 2015, 08:44:03 PM
Well, for a drawback, it might be nice if the colonists get addicted to using the thing even when they're not injured, like the Goa'uld sarcophagus. :)

Lol everybody keeps suggesting addiction on all the mods. That's something that is going to require a LOT of work to make possible.

f0xh0und696

or instead of medkits, use herbal meds and "gel" for the pod
;)

Dragoon

Quote from: f0xh0und696 on January 18, 2015, 06:35:21 AM
or instead of medkits, use herbal meds and "gel" for the pod
;)

I like the gel idea how would you make it tho? or maybe make the gel a building component (because feeding it med kits to heal doesn't really wound helpful as you would still need someone to put them in while you are healing right?)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

f0xh0und696

well instead of having it inject into the pod, why not have it in the building recipe is what I meant by it.
makes it seem more realistic-ish

Iwillbenicetou

But still have Medicine/Herbal Medicine feeding into it.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

f0xh0und696

now that you mention it, yeah, if it can work, so instead of a colonist healing you its the pod/hopper doing it.

skullywag

in simple terms im thinking of having the colonist who wants healing grab a medicine (herbal heals poor, medicine good and advanced/glitter medicine totally) and take it to the pod then get in. The only things that could then interupt the process would be pod destruction or powercut. I also want to make it heal all ailments (including diseases and broken body parts, mahbe at the cost of more time...not sure).

Dragoon

hmm it would be better just as a building with lots of power (not too much drain tho) I could see how people who are in capable of doctoring would not grab a medkit.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

skullywag

that would be up to me to define there would be nothing stopping a non doctor grabbing a kit.