[MOD] (Alpha 9) Automated healing

Started by skullywag, January 17, 2015, 06:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f0xh0und696

Shinzy

I did some moar testening with this alongside testing my own stuff on my game
it helped a bit with treating the sudden malaria and a tribal assault
but my own doctor was still the more reliable for the healing
don't seem to op at all (especially if you plop the requirement for meds for it)

only complaint I have is the interaction circle being on exactly the opposite side to what it's on the other pods ..you cheeky bugger
and well only healing one wound at a time then squirting the colonist out again
then having to crawl right back in to heal the next wound
But then I don't think you really meant it for that to begin with ;D also makes the doctors more convenient that way

skullywag

no ive fixed the multiple trips out, all injuries are fixed in one go now. Does it work on diseases? hadnt tested that bit. Ill sort the circle out, no idea why it flipped sides....what do people think about time, im thinking a day as the pawn will still need rest to clear the injuries and not get infection.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

SilverDragon

Oh my, I'm scratching my head really hard thinking about all the cool things this mod could have... :) Like an implant attached to some unused part of the body which would connect to the pod, and the pod could have an add-on like box for a droid that would scramble out in the event of the implantee becoming incapacitated or even dying (Thinking about my solo colonists runs). Maybe even another abit bigger security box that could be attached to the pod system, incase hostiles were still roaming around and the rescue droid couldn't fetch the injured colonist... I'd love to have a (faster) centipede provide security when all is lost, it'd be quite hilarious to watch if they can make the rescue run. :D
Uhhh so many possibilities... <3

skullywag

Ok with a bit of a push from our resident modding guru Haplo I now have it healing diseases aswell. So now i have a powered casket that can heal all wounds and diseases on a pawn, for nothing more than the cost of the building, power and time.....still seems OP to me...

eatKenny

Quote from: skullywag on January 18, 2015, 04:47:22 PM
Ok with a bit of a push from our resident modding guru Haplo I now have it healing diseases aswell. So now i have a powered casket that can heal all wounds and diseases on a pawn, for nothing more than the cost of the building, power and time.....still seems OP to me...

just give it a -10 mood "oh sh*t i'm in hands of machines". so it's either die or go psycho ::)

Tormound

If you release a balanced version(that's not considered OP) can you release two versions? Balanced and OP?

Igabod

The only thing I can think of to balance it even further would be to add a research topic. It would pretty much force those people playing on the lone survivor scenario to rush straight for that research but I don't see a problem with that. Build a research bench immediately and research the healing pod before your first raiders show up. That combined with making the healing time take a little longer makes it far less OP. I think that it's less OP than it would be if you just created a medical droid who is incapable of everything except medical stuff. Though having a med droid that just goes into a little cubby and shuts down when it isn't needed would be really cool.

skullywag

ok perhaps im getting too hung up on the balance. Ill do some tidying up of what i have, I want to sort out the hauling of incap'ed pawns as it uses the same driver as a the sleep casket, so that could interesting when using both lol. Once ive done all that ill release a proper version.

SilverDragon

Quote from: skullywag on January 18, 2015, 04:47:22 PM

You could try to (eventually) implement the need of medicine to heal certain degrees of injuries like, herbal medicine for bruises and scratches etc aka yellow injuries, medicine for red injuries, and maybe something even more drastic with glitter meds? :) I think the MAI android mod uses a Nanite Assembler "addon" to their Recharge Station beds, it acts as a table container that holds plasteel, and the robots heal in their beds while consuming the plasteel.

skullywag

Did a bit of playtesting with it. On EdBs lone survivor scenario you only start with 6 medicine so picking the herbal stuff as part of the build recipe is the right thing to do. Lets pretend its the cause of all the slime...ok...

you cant put prisoners in one, which isnt really realistic but the base game doesnt allow this either so...

I need to up the time taken when disease is found, i found myself hopping in it whenever i had one, I feel this is the thing thats gonna make me add a resource use to it, it removes the need for doctors entirely if i dont.

Deffo need to up the power costs.

On the subject of replacing doctors im also thinkin of tweaking the code to (if i can) make it behave like a doctor of a set skill level and work out the time it would take them to do the job. This means having a high skilled doc is still gonna be better than the machine. This isnt gonna be easy based on what ive see in this area of the code thus far.

f0xh0und696

thats why i sugested using herbal meds, it not only sounds like something you'd expect (you don't consume herbal meds to instantly heal a broken bone) and it make the lone survivor scenario abit easier.
Also words cannot describe how useful this mod is ,cant play the  lone survivor scenario without it.
thank you :)

Dragoon

I like the idea of -10 mod to balance it out as well as lots of power (but what if someone is a mechanoid nerd or that back story that tried to fuse humans and robots O_o why that be a -10 mood for em XD ?)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Tormound

was he updated healing pod uploaded?

skullywag

Not yet still working on it, playing with the mystic jobdriver stuff...black magic o.O