[MOD] (Alpha 8) Sleepy Time

Started by Turtle Medic, December 28, 2014, 09:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turtle Medic

Adds 2 new beds, a sleepy bed with horrible rest efficiency that puts people in a mini coma, and a Stim bed that has double rest efficiency and lets colonists get away with less sleep.

Sleepy beds are good for keeping prisoners from breaking the leg of your only medic because one of their friends bled out in the prisoner room and they snapped. They cant be warden'd while sleeping so after everyone is stabilized you should move them to another bed.

Stim beds are good for researchers who just need more time, or really anyone who needs less sleep because they always have a job.

If I ever figure out how to add thoughts to the beds, I will make a stim bed that turns sleeping into a power nap, but with steadily increasing bad thoughts from hallucinations.

Textures of the beds from T's mods by Telkir
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4373.0

Edit: whoops, uploaded wrong version, new one has correct definitions for the beds

[attachment deleted due to age]

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Xiupan

Yes! Love the idea of a stim bed! Hooray for greater work days! :p

Igabod

Just a suggestion for balancing the beds slightly. You could add a power requirement for both of the new beds (think machines for pumping the stims or the sleeping drugs into the colonist) to help even out the OP nature of the beds. And a research topic to unlock them would be a good idea too.

Azrail

Quote from: Turtle Medic on December 28, 2014, 09:32:17 PM
If I ever figure out how to add thoughts to the beds, I will make a stim bed that turns sleeping into a power nap, but with steadily increasing bad thoughts from hallucinations.

Don't know if it would work but you could use the psychic Modifiers for the thoughts. That way those who are sensitive to psychic attacks from AI drones and the such could have strong thought modifiers and those resistant would have weaker ones.

Romi

bullet

Good idea, but needs some work. About textures - for earlier alphas was nice mod "medical bed". Unfortunately, I could not find an old topic about it, but I attached it to post. There's a very original textures. If the author would not mind, you could use them.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Turtle Medic

Quote from: bullet on December 29, 2014, 08:21:24 AM
Good idea, but needs some work. About textures - for earlier alphas was nice mod "medical bed". Unfortunately, I could not find an old topic about it, but I attached it to post. There's a very original textures. If the author would not mind, you could use them.

This? https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2664.0
I considered it, but the textures are a little bit too detailed for me, I'll contact Kirid and see if I cant have two versions up with different textures, for those who prefer the look.

Quote from: Igabod on December 29, 2014, 01:33:40 AM
Just a suggestion for balancing the beds slightly. You could add a power requirement for both of the new beds (think machines for pumping the stims or the sleeping drugs into the colonist) to help even out the OP nature of the beds. And a research topic to unlock them would be a good idea too.

Thank you for the feedback!
They have a research requirement, and I like the idea of powering the beds, but I don't think its possible to have a bed that you cant seep in during a solar flare, or without power, unless I do .dll modding, which I don't know how to do.

Evil o ViiRuS

this is a great mod now i can work my colony twice as much.

hopeseekr

Is it possible to bump this mod to Alpha 10? :-/