[MOD] (Alpha 9) Use Herbal Medicine (Version 1.1) Alpha 9 release

Started by Rock5, January 17, 2015, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

USE HERBAL MEDICINE
Description:
A very simple mod that lowers the potency of medicine to be less than Herbal Medicine so Herbal Medicine will be used for regular healing, saving the Medicine for making Hospital Beds. Inspired by Space Meals by marvinkosh.

Author
Rock5

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Download
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9414.0;attach=6657

[attachment deleted due to age]
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

RemingtonRyder

Hayhorse

Now I can unforbid the medicine inside my hospital! :D BTW I dont know if this is a mod bug or game bug, but random meals appear at the very edge of my map yet noone has died there. Anyone know why? Since my doctor will cross the damn map to get a Fine or Lavish meal to feed to someone that has Sleeping Sickness.

Rock5

I think I may have noticed something similar but could never be sure I didn't just miss them with my initial collection. And you have to also be aware that sometimes things happen on your map that you are not aware of. I remember 1 time I could hear some gun fire so I looked around the map and discovered a battle was going on between rival factions. So other times when I found dead bodies at the extremes of the map I know how they got there. It's possible something is happening that is causing visitors to drop their meals.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Hayhorse

Would comandos drop the meals if they still have them when they leave? Since I have Glittertech installed and whenever there are mechanoids I  go into console and have them raid me, we are friends since I released alot of them a while ago.

Rock5

I don't use that mod. The only idea I could come up with is, if there is no dead body, maybe someone got kidnapped and they dropped their meal when they were taken. Kidnapping is part of the vanilla game. I have seen a raiding party kidnap a visitor during an assault. I don't recall if they dropped their meal but it's possible.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Mikhail Reign

Nah it's a bug in the standard game. I occasionally get clothes etc in one of the corners of the map. I think it comes from drop pods who die on impact (mountains etc) and then their stuff has to spawn somewhere.

Rock5

Updated to version 1.1 for Alpha 9.

If I remember correctly I believe I read somewhere that operations will be possible with Herbal Medicine in Alpha 9. If this is true then the only purpose of this mod is to save the Medicine for making Hospital Beds. I don't know if this mod is worth it any more.

Let me know what you think.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

photon_man62

Thread's a bit old but I'd like to say that the mod is still definitely worth it. Medicine is valuable precisely for hospital beds and must still manually be forbidden if it's to be conserved. Only "workaround" atm is a mod that tweaks medicine so you can get it easier, like Apothecarius.

jerome736

Quote from: photon_man62 on April 24, 2015, 05:48:53 PM
Thread's a bit old but I'd like to say that the mod is still definitely worth it. Medicine is valuable precisely for hospital beds and must still manually be forbidden if it's to be conserved. Only "workaround" atm is a mod that tweaks medicine so you can get it easier, like Apothecarius.

I agree. This may seem like a minor mod but it definitely helps to not have to manually forbid the medkits.

Rock5

I have been busy with other things so haven't played for a while. Does it work with Alpha 10 or do I have to fix it?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

HBKRKO619

Absolutly no idea, I always waiting for the modder "go" to know if his mod is playable for a new alpha.

dismar