Temperature problems!

Started by mafumpa, January 18, 2015, 01:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mafumpa

Hi! I build heaters and coolers but the temperature doesnt change! I build them inside a room, the cooler with the red side out and the blue one in. Anyone can help me?

giannikampa

You will surely get help if you post a screenshot of the situation ;)
Did you proper set desired temperature on your cooler? it just lows temperature if it is higer than the target one.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

mafumpa

Its a standard room, builded with steel wall.
Also, I cant make a walk-in-freezer! I set the temp to -100°C and it keeps SAME as outside. ¿?

Barney372

is there any power getting to the cooler? make sure there is no broken wire/power source connected...

Also, i have noticed that if you build 2 coolers for the freezer and have them both set on the same temp then this will help a lot... however, other rooms next to the freezer can effect the temp and vice-versa, even if the other room is seperated by a wall

mafumpa

Yes, they have power, they consume a lot!
The temp is SAME as outside, i cant modify it, neither lower or raise it... Its so strange...
When I start the game, the debug log shows errors, could be it the problem?

harpo99999

is the room labeled outside (possibly due to its size)?(I have had huge rooms completely inside mountains listed as outside)
does the room have a hole in the roof?
does the room have more than 6 squares between support posts (and up to 10 between walls)? (this causes hole in the roof)( the posts need to be approx 6 squares (you can adjust positions up to 9 squares, but the bigger gaps are more likely to collapse and cause holes)

giannikampa

I can't help you with the debug errors, that could eventually be.
But if temperature is the same as outside maybe the room is not considered enclosed, you can check when you move the mouse in the room and see the temp on the right, it has to say "indoor".
If it says "outdoor" the room is definitely not enclosed, you will never change the temp of the outside. It can have a missing spot in the roof or in the walls.
If it is "indoor" i again ask you to take a screenshot and post it here, either of the errors and of the room. Someone will notice something and help you.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

mafumpa

Yes, its indoor.
Its a roofed room, its little.
I attach a screenshot. The mouse is over IANs room.

[attachment deleted due to age]

mafumpa

Here are the debug log errors when I start the game.

[attachment deleted due to age]

harpo99999

which mods are you using, and is there any  'special'(non 7 bit alphabetic) characters in the folder name of the path to the game?

mafumpa

The path is C:\Documents and Settings\Ana\Escritorio\RimWorld.
No Mods activated.

harpo99999

it might be a damaged download or an older version of a8 (current is 8f) as the debug errors should not be happening in the base game (especially the ones refering to a gun pole)

mafumpa

Pathing

It may be a bug.
You should try add 1 more heater in those rooms.
It should work now (-6C -> 40C 2 heater should do)
If it doesn't, you can use cooler instead, like this.
[1 block, indoor] [cold - cooler - hot] [your room]

Cooler can generate hot air more than heater.
Ordinary cooler can get -100 C and with more than 1 coolers help 1 cooler, that 1 cooler which gets help can get lower than -100 C (more < -120 C)
Ordinary heater can get 120 C.

That debug log was about mod, using blasting charge??? turrets that are not in core mod and flamethrower? and thought, maybe, poop mod. These things are not in alpha 8 core mod.
Steel is food. Steel is defense. Steel is weapon.
Steel is RimWorld.