Is it normal to be attacked constantly?

Started by slicedtoad, January 18, 2015, 11:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slicedtoad

I'm 233 days in a challenge+random colony. The frogs of murder pirates attack me with less than a day window between attacks. I can defend easily enough and don't take any casualties but it's making everything a mess. I don't have enough time to haul and sell stuff. In fact there is so much gear lying around that I would need quite a few trade ships to buy it all.

Is something glitched or is this normal? It's always the same attackers and there seems to be no respite...

want_some

what story teller you using? and yes, sometimes tis happens offten. one time i has 2 groups of same faction attack me within 5-10 minutes. its all random (i was using randy random tho)

Learning to mod while also updating TTM Mod!
Full credit goes to Minami26

ZestyLemons

Yeah, becoming (accidentally) friendly with all the enemy colonies caused me to suffer through terrible mechanoid attacks every single month on Cassandra Classic. There's not much you can do but trudge through it.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

slicedtoad

Oh, ok it finally ended. Must have been 6 or 7 attacks in a row with less than a day between each. Then an AI pod that broke the spree and now I've had nearly a week of peace.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

milon

Quote from: ZestyLemons on January 18, 2015, 11:40:28 PM
Yeah, becoming (accidentally) friendly with all the enemy colonies caused me to suffer through terrible mechanoid attacks every single month on Cassandra Classic. There's not much you can do but trudge through it.

Sure you can do something about it.  You kidnap a visiting neighbor, they become hostile, and now the story teller has another option to throw at you.