[W l0.0.254b] Rebuy pistol can't pick up

Started by Eyeofnight, November 09, 2013, 07:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyeofnight

Edit 1: Issue resolved by reloading. I'm not certain if I should simply delete this or leave it for reference.
Edit 2: Issue appears not to revolve around stockpiles but in selling weapons, then buying them back.

Version Found: 0.0.254b

Title: Cannot interact with weapons in the stockpile Zone.
       Weapons, once sold and repurchased, cannot be interacted with.

Summary: After accidentally selling a Molotov Cocktail, I repurchased them. When they were delivered, they landed inside the stockpile zone. None of my colonists will equip, nor haul, the Molotovs. They have no problems interacting with weapons dropped within the zone by any other means.
Further testing has shown this only occurs when weapons are sold then repurchased, regardless of where they land.

Steps to Reproduce:

• Build Comms Console.
  • Place Beacon near Stockpile(s).
  • Wait for Trade ship.
  • Sell weapons.
  • Repurchase weapons.
  • Order Colonists to Equip or Haul Weaponry.
Expected Results: Colonist equips weapon, or hauls it to storage, and moves on as usual.

Actual Results: Grab icon appears, but current path does not change, Colonist makes no motion to retrieve weapon and continues with their current task.

Notes: Upon further testing, this happens not only with Molotovs, but seemingly with any weapon. Weapons tested: Molotovs, M-24, M-16, Pistol.

Semmy

Sorry i can not confirm this bug.

I tried it 5 times and it seems to work for me.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Leird

I just tested this several times, and it's working just fine for me as well.

Eyeofnight

I've edited the post with additional details. The title should change in light of this. Weapons must be sold, then bought back. They are not interacted with even if they are outside of the stockpile. Reloading the game resolves this issue.

Semmy

Quote from: Eyeofnight on November 10, 2013, 12:35:36 PM
I've edited the post with additional details. The title should change in light of this. Weapons must be sold, then bought back. They are not interacted with even if they are outside of the stockpile. Reloading the game resolves this issue.

Thank you very much. We will look into it.
Edmund Burke

Lechai

I have had this bug as well, with weapons being sold then re bought. They would sit at the beacon and not be interactable.
To be honest my game is still on 250 but i'm pretty sure i havn't seen anything in the patch notes about it.

From what i can tell its location seems to get corrupted. If you tell a colonist to prioritize the hauling they wander to a random location somewhere between the armory and drop beacon, and then being unable to find it abandons it and goes elsewhere.
You CAN force a colonist to stand on top of it and pick it up, but even then you cant drop it to fix the bug. Even tried putting it in the rack from being equipped. They would walk over to the rack and drop it on the ground next to it.

To try and replicate it, sell and buy back by clicking quickly on the top item as the button toggles between sell and buy.

Xanting

Colonists will not move this specific weapon even if I order them to. It may have been caused when I accidentally sold this grenade to a slaver ship and immediately bought it back. Below is an image showing which weapon it is as well as an attached save file for debugging.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/itnoc258zwola1x/Fort%20Theta.rim

Demoser

I also ran into this bug following the same steps as Xanting: having the weapon in a rack, selling it, then buying it back. My colonists did pick up the weapon after I loaded an autosave though.

Xanting

Yes this problem also resolved itself when I loaded the game later. Seems like the attached save file is useless in this case.

enystrom8734

E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

Workload

Bug: Colonists can't pick up the pistol after its sold and rebought with out leaving the trader menu. Didn't test any other guns.

Description: It will sit on the ground and when told to equip they go for it but cancel right away. If told to equip when there standing on it works sometimes. Reloading the game will fix this.

To reproduce Sell pistol, then buy it back then try to equip it.

Semmy

Edmund Burke