[Mod Idea and Request!] Colony Leaders!

Started by Tatte, November 06, 2015, 07:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatte

We all know that during the life of our colonies, we all care and love at least one of colonists, and always try to keep them safe, (especially during prisoner executions!). So here's my proposal: Make some sort of item, or even just a button, that designates a leader for your humble (or not-so-humble) colonies. This could be something like a crown, or a piece of clothing, or as previously stated; a button that says "This iz colony leeder" I would love to see this, it would definitely add to the feeling of my farming colonies and other's militaristic (or cannibalistic) colonies! Thanks!
~Tatte~

FyrnSkulblaka

You could actually do a he'll of a lot with this. For example:
- Mood traits. Good leading skill? When your leader enters a room your colonists get a positive mood buff and also work a little bit harder/faster! Leader is abrasive? Bad mood buffs! Colonists work slower!
- Meeting with pirates to discuss negotiations. I.E your leader has a chance to offer X, Y or Z amount of silver and depending on how much you get a better chance of being able to bribe them.
- Leader mood buffs. Your leader gets a mood buff if your colonist's happiness is above X and a debuff if it is below Y.
- Buffs based on leader's skills. Your leader is a pro shot? The colonists in an X Radious have temporary skill boasts to shooting. (If they have the careful shooter Trait it passes on to colonists, same with Trigger happy or brawler)

Tatte

Quote from: FyrnSkulblaka on November 06, 2015, 07:33:01 PM
You could actually do a he'll of a lot with this. For example:
- Mood traits. Good leading skill? When your leader enters a room your colonists get a positive mood buff and also work a little bit harder/faster! Leader is abrasive? Bad mood buffs! Colonists work slower!
- Meeting with pirates to discuss negotiations. I.E your leader has a chance to offer X, Y or Z amount of silver and depending on how much you get a better chance of being able to bribe them.
- Leader mood buffs. Your leader gets a mood buff if your colonist's happiness is above X and a debuff if it is below Y.
- Buffs based on leader's skills. Your leader is a pro shot? The colonists in an X Radious have temporary skill boasts to shooting. (If they have the careful shooter Trait it passes on to colonists, same with Trigger happy or brawler)

I see, that would be an amazing extra feature with the walking into a room and people getting mood boosts, i really like that idea! Thanks for adding to this! :)
~Tatte~

Zufer

There is something that might be somewhat similar to your request.

Colony manager (if I remember correctly), a mod that adds a workstation and a "manager" tab, where you can assign various jobs to be done automatically by colonists. For example, auto-choking your livestock -you'll not have to select them manually anymore.

As far as I know, and unfortunately for you, any colonist can take up on this task. Still, selecting a single colonist gives the sensation of said colonist handing out the tasks, acting like a leader.

Very useful too.

Florius

There is already a manager mod, but it maintains your colony's inventory. So to make it competible I'd call it different, to avoid bugs.

But a person with a high social skill is already a leader, in my opinion because it already does all my negotiation with traders.
Although a title would be nice, for more things, like head medical examiner or something!
That would be nice :)