more uses for AI persona core

Started by giannikampa, January 21, 2015, 05:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giannikampa

Hi guys,
I wish to collect in this tread your ideas of more possible uses of the AI persona core beside its actual standard of creating the ship computer core.

I know there are already mods that add things that need AI persona core as a component, so either please write here things you like that already have been implemented in mods and things you suggest to be an appropriate adding in future.
Consider the main features of the AI persona core: rare, expensive, hi-tech/mid-late game.

This is my idea (quite revolutionary):

- by default improvised turrets have not an autotarget system, they must be manned like mortars, they require less power than actual ones (but still should, imo, to simulate that they are servoassisted machine), they expend power only when manned.

- a proper console must be reserched, it has the AI persona core as a required ingredient, it adds more power usage to each connected turret (detection ability has a cost) and it has a power demand for itself to run.

- either:
         a) as long as a colonist "uses" the console all turrets connected to it become autotargeting
   or
         b) all turrets connected to it become autotargeting

Of course the storytellers must be properly rebalanced (first stage turrets are weaker)

Awayting for yours!
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

datanoppa

I wouldn't mind the turret management idea, it would give some purpose to cores that's true.

My 2cents for core is that you could "bill" to brain damage patient, maybe it would reduce save scumming when your top-tier-hunter-killer gets head shotted ans moves so slow that he starves to death.

Others usages for core would be that you could "upgrade" the trading console to mail-order console, so when that slave ship never appears you could order one. Tho it could take 5-50days arrive.. well you get the drill.

JimmyAgnt007

If there are ever more automated systems like cleaning, farming, cooking and so forth for all skills, then I have a interesting idea.  Set a task, to harvest a brain and use it to manufacture an AI core to run those automated systems.  Turret control core made from an assassin to give your turrets the same ability to shoot as the assassin.  (Maybe some reduction based on how many turrets are hooked up)

Then afterwards you eat the body... damn it!  Cant I suggest something here without mentioning cannibalism!