[A13] Fixing component shortage

Started by Shurp, April 09, 2016, 09:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

I got annoyed with the scarcity of components, and with the difficulty of building a facility to manufacture more components.  So I made the following replacement in Mods\(yourmods)\Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings\Buildings_Misc.xml under <defName>MultiAnalyzer</defName> :

<costList>
<!-- old costs <Steel>100</Steel> <Plasteel>50</Plasteel> <Gold>20</Gold> -->
<Steel>1000</Steel>
<Components>20</Components>
</costList>

And now a Multi-Analyzer doesn't require sitting around for all eternity waiting for gold and plasteel to show up.  Yay!

If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Lady Wolf

Shurp

Of course, after doing all that, a month later two scythers show up providing me with the 50 plasteel I needed.  grumble grumble :)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Arigas

I bought plasteel from the traders for it, then as I was expanding my barracks ran in to a vein. It was maybe 4 cells from my living area. Don't you hate when that happens :P

Mathenaut

Plasteel was always a bit finnicky for me. Depending on my run, I either had to ration it or I had tons of it.
Rarely ever a case where I had absolutely none of it (like gold).

Innocent-Bystander

What the bloody hell is someone who's not a mod developer supposed to do with this?

Quote from: Innocent-BystanderWhat the bloody hell is someone who's not a mod developer supposed to do with this?

If you can figure out how to open your browser, get on a forum, then complain about how a "mod isn't a mod," you can open your text editor, open the xml file (which is plain human-readable text, btw) and change a couple lines.

I can see that was your first post on the forums, way to make an impression and welcome to the forums.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.