[Texture] (Alpha 12) Individual Appearance -- Updated Again

Started by Eleazar, January 21, 2015, 11:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eleazar

Based on some discussion about how pawns often look too similar, and how a more individual appearance would enhance the game, i've thrown this texture mod together to help make my point.

All it does is change the eyes.  Currently the game has 6 head shapes for each gender, but the eyes on all males are the same, and so for the females.  I've changed the eyes on each head shape to something unique.  Big eyes, wide-spaced eyes, narrow eyes, etc.  The graphics aren't super-polished, but I think this enhances the game.

I look forward to feedback, positive, negative and indifferent.

> Download <

Instructions
Unzip the contents and place in Mods/

Updated for Alpha 12

Thanks to Shinzy for helping me put this into proper form!

Dragoon

nice no more having to check to to see if a pawn is male or female I can look at their eyes now :D
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Eleazar

Quote from: Dragoon on January 21, 2015, 11:47:46 AM
nice no more having to check to to see if a pan is male or female I can look at their eyes now :D

I considered giving all the men 5 o'clock shadows, and still might do that.  In the world those eyelashes are not easy to see.

Berengar

I like that!
But why not goin a bit further. Maybee with some    implied mouthes.. ore noses?
Think that could fith in the artstyle.. but works for the groundidea of giving them more diversety.
To the beards.. I like the idea.. but would'd give them all one.. just 2 or 3. Think when they can build automatic turrets.. an razer is not a big deal. ;)

DaPieGuy

I love this. Definitely helps with what was discussed in the topic mentioned. Keep up the good work!!!

Eleazar

Is anybody seeing the faces showing up on the wrong gender?  I saw it a couple times with a save started before the textures, but not since.  Is it expected that a texture mod won't work right on a game started before the mod was activated?

FridayBiology

Works fine, very handy with the Edb interface mod

Just need a barber chair object, set jobs for staving and hair cuts, maybe set as a crafting/art jobs with "hair" (dirt object) needing cleaning after :P
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Eleazar

Riftmaster

This seems like a simple and very useful mod.

I must try it.

Ray_Anor

Rename mod folder, please, as a mod forum-topic name, or vice cersa.
And add some info to mod, please too.
I'm like this mod.

Eleazar

I'm not experienced in modding rim world, but i'm pretty sure that changing the name of the folder would break it.  I don't know how to add mod info.

Shinzy

Quote from: Eleazar on April 01, 2015, 08:32:59 AM
I'm not experienced in modding rim world, but i'm pretty sure that changing the name of the folder would break it.  I don't know how to add mod info.

Hellloooo! this is very easy thing to do!
Make a Folder for yourself (like IndividualAppereanceSuperMod3000)
or just like "IA" for short =P
then make folders 'Textures' and 'About' inside

Plop your 'Things' folder inside the textures
and inside the about you could for example copy paste the 'about.xml' from the core mod for example and then open it with notepad and customize the texts
and ofcourse Preview.png cause that's always the most important thing! Superficiality ho! (It's totally optional but I like to plop the preview image in mine)

and then as you plop that in the mods folder you'll have something like this beauty

i.. uh just attached my example version there so you could pick that up, too
Just do change the info in the about to what you want ;D

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ray_Anor

Tynan

I'd love to see some screenshots of how this comes off in-game.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog