[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebrin

I love having more options for dealing with defenses. The upgraded basic turrets are really nice.
**Silence is the only answer to the mundane**

Marnador

Quote from: Der Failer on February 28, 2015, 10:59:20 AM
Start loading the cows! They will fear us once their army starts falling apart under the disease.
wait wrong game ...
If only we had cows =p

Boboid

A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Azrail

I seem to have a problem with my version. No idea how I managed to cause this but I can't seem to construct the vulcan cannons. When placed using any of the stone bricks as a building material the pawns will carry the 400 steel to it but will completely ignore its stone requirement and will not finish building it. They build stone walls just fine, it's only the vulcan cannon that seems to have the problem.

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Marnador

Quote from: Azrail on March 06, 2015, 08:33:56 AM
I seem to have a problem with my version. No idea how I managed to cause this but I can't seem to construct the vulcan cannons. When placed using any of the stone bricks as a building material the pawns will carry the 400 steel to it but will completely ignore its stone requirement and will not finish building it. They build stone walls just fine, it's only the vulcan cannon that seems to have the problem.

Any ideas what could be going wrong?
Do you have enough stone type stored? I seen a bug in other mods where pawns refuse to carry materials to construction site until you have the required amount in the storage, I am not sure if that's the problem but give it a shot.
What stone type are you building it from?

Azrail

Quote from: Marnador on March 06, 2015, 04:57:50 PM
Do you have enough stone type stored? I seen a bug in other mods where pawns refuse to carry materials to construction site until you have the required amount in the storage, I am not sure if that's the problem but give it a shot.

I'm making it from granite and I have over 2000 bricks stored. The strange thing is I never had this problem before you added moats (I mean with the versions prior to adding them) so I hope that bit helps.

I'm not having any problems with any of the other turrets it's just the vulcan cannon.

Edit: Think I've fixed it. One of my other mods wasn't playing nice and seems to have messed with yours.

Marnador

Quote from: Azrail on March 06, 2015, 05:29:25 PM
Quote from: Marnador on March 06, 2015, 04:57:50 PM
I'm making it from granite and I have over 2000 bricks stored. The strange thing is I never had this problem before you added moats (I mean with the versions prior to adding them) so I hope that bit helps.

I'm not having any problems with any of the other turrets it's just the vulcan cannon.

Edit: Think I've fixed it. One of my other mods wasn't playing nice and seems to have messed with yours.
Ah makes sense, otherwise people would have started complaining right away.
Just out of curiosity what mod caused the problem?

Azrail

Quote from: Marnador on March 06, 2015, 11:43:39 PM
Ah makes sense, otherwise people would have started complaining right away.
Just out of curiosity what mod caused the problem?
No idea. I just went through my mods list and removed a bunch I wasn't using anymore.

Dragoon

Quote from: Azrail on March 07, 2015, 07:10:50 AM
No idea. I just went through my mods list and removed a bunch I wasn't using anymore.

did you disable or just remove them, because if you just disabled maybe we can crosscheck to see what mods we have on with this one and see which ones are clean?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Azrail

Quote from: Dragoon on March 07, 2015, 07:46:20 AM
did you disable or just remove them, because if you just disabled maybe we can crosscheck to see what mods we have on with this one and see which ones are clean?
Sorry. I just deleted my mods folder and downloaded the new ones. I was running something like 30+ mods and decided that was too many and that it might be the source of my problems so I decided to try only using my favorite ones and see if it would work. Then I started a new colony and it works fine so it had to be one of those mods I removed.

exit2none

is this mod compatible with 727?

I've tried running it with nothing but the core and still doesn't seem to work...

BlackLotos

Quote from: exit2none on March 13, 2015, 03:19:25 AM
is this mod compatible with 727?

I've tried running it with nothing but the core and still doesn't seem to work...

have you finished the required research?

exit2none

yes I've finished turret gun cooling but it still doesn't unlock military grade turrets nor does mortar research unlock any further research for mortars

exit2none

man... I've been trying to get this darn thing to work for two weeks now... tried everything... can anyone give me any ideas?

currently running 9.727 and tried running the game with no other mods than MVT v1.5 + boomrat launcher. As soon as the game starts I build three wooden research tables after chopping some wood. Then I immediately begin research for gun turret cooling. After finishing gun turret cooling nothing appears on the research screen for military grade turrets whatsoever... same with mortars as well.

I've played vanilla for about a month now and have just started tinkering with mods. I'd really love to try out MVT but I think I've run into a dead end :(

Any ideas guys?

Marnador

Quote from: exit2none on March 13, 2015, 05:10:47 AM
man... I've been trying to get this darn thing to work for two weeks now... tried everything... can anyone give me any ideas?

currently running 9.727 and tried running the game with no other mods than MVT v1.5 + boomrat launcher. As soon as the game starts I build three wooden research tables after chopping some wood. Then I immediately begin research for gun turret cooling. After finishing gun turret cooling nothing appears on the research screen for military grade turrets whatsoever... same with mortars as well.

I've played vanilla for about a month now and have just started tinkering with mods. I'd really love to try out MVT but I think I've run into a dead end :(

Any ideas guys?
A bit of a silly question but on the main menu of the game in the "Mods" section you have them turned on? and if so do any errors pop up?
After finishing gun turret cooling a new "Military grade turret" research on the very bottom of the research list costing 1400 should become available, I am not exactly sure what you might be doing wrong, can you perhaps describe your exact steps what you did to install the mods?