[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marnador

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 22, 2015, 06:02:49 PM
;D You also need to make a low-tier version of it that uses potatos as ammo! lol <3
Haha if you're already talking about it I could easily make one that fires boomrats =P

SilverDragon

Nothing better than a mortar that fires angry boomrats at the enemies! :D

Epyk

Do you plan on adding higher tier mortars?
Current could use an upgraded version, they having my colonists starving themselves.  :D

EDIT: Here's this post from quite some time ago with better mortars. Was never really capitalized though, there's even some textures.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Marnador

Quote from: Epyk on January 22, 2015, 06:18:48 PM
Do you plan on adding higher tier mortars?
Current could use an upgraded version, they having my colonists starving themselves.  :D

EDIT: Here's this post from quite some time ago with better mortars. Was never really capitalized though, there's even some textures.
I was actually planning expanding mortars a bit which is why I kinda put the rocket launcher complex in a mortar tech tree, I will expand from there :)

You Should Make A Fortified Sniper Tower For Your Colonist's To Snipe From Safely

drakulux

Eagerly awaiting your update before I start a new colony :D

Marnador

I been messing around with the Boomrat launcher =p it will be as a separate download so that people who want more immersion can leave it out.
Changed the graphics on the main rocket complex will probably recolor it a bit too.
Oh and the Boomrat launcher will set things on fire so be careful.

SilverDragon

Rikiki

Quote from: 238878 on January 22, 2015, 07:18:05 PM
You Should Make A Fortified Sniper Tower For Your Colonist's To Snipe From Safely
I already had this idea but Tynan said "fake-3D is to be avoided"!
Plus there are a lot of problems with it. For example, if the sniper can fire over walls then attackers should also be able to fire at the tower top...
So this is a good idea but not fitting in a 2D game like Rimworld in my opinion. :(

BajtMe

There is a Mk2 mortar hidden somewhere in the request part of the forums (complete with a very nice sprite) and i don't think it has been posted in the release section. Perhaps you could ask permission to include that (if you can find it  :o) instead of making it from scratch. I'll be trying this out when i get home. Looks great!  :)

Coolrah

Maybe not a sniper tower but a sniper turret would be pretty solid. 40-45 range I think but either make it squishy or power hungry (maybe both) but just saying appreciate the fact that the turrets fit well into the style of the vanilla game and don't stand out too much keep up the good work though. 8)

Ronin90

Looks really nice, i will definitely try these out.

Marnador

Get wrecked! new version is out.

Seems like there is a lot of sniper related buzz here, maybe ill take it as my next project to satisfy some of you, if there was a way as assign cof to turrets I would have looked in to some sort of snipers nest idea but I guess I could make a glass cannon and make something similar to barrett .50cal sniper variant, or maybe something more futuristic, we are in space age after all =p

Quote from: Rikiki on January 23, 2015, 03:52:49 AM
Quote from: 238878 on January 22, 2015, 07:18:05 PM
I already had this idea but Tynan said "fake-3D is to be avoided"!
Plus there are a lot of problems with it. For example, if the sniper can fire over walls then attackers should also be able to fire at the tower top...
So this is a good idea but not fitting in a 2D game like Rimworld in my opinion. :(
You Wont have to make it fake 3d but a small pill box for instance that can only shoot the way you place it. With limited to 60 Range and cant fire over walls adds cover for the price of slower cooldown on the guns you use with it