[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popster99

i've made a defense with a Vulcan for sniper shredder to kill anything that gets past and like 20 military turrets that can kill a centipede in about 10sec or so i also used a differn't mod that adds alot of things to help with cover  the mod is defend that colony

Marnador

So what you people figure should be first? mortar or some sort of sniper tower?

Epyk

Quote from: Marnador on January 23, 2015, 05:15:22 PM
So what you people figure should be first? mortar or some sort of sniper tower?

Whichever sounds great!

Do the one that sounds the funnest to make first!  ;D
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Marnador

Dragoon

COOOOL!!! a nice simple and straight to the point turret mod that doesn't take a a crap load to get going :D
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Marnador

Been working on something, Devastator magnetic catapult, or just a fancy sci-fi mortar.
I will probably make power as requirement we will see.

Left is original                Right is the new one

popster99

Marnador

Quote from: popster99 on January 24, 2015, 05:23:39 AM
what are the new one gonna do?
Better accuracy, larger blast radius but nothing is for free, it will probably be very expensive to build and will require power and be manned to work.

popster99

not bad it would be nice if there was a one that made them starve or fall asleep or get a major infection that would be cool

Marnador

Quote from: popster99 on January 24, 2015, 05:59:48 AM
not bad it would be nice if there was a one that made them starve or fall asleep or get a major infection that would be cool
Not a bad idea although it sounds pretty advanced in terms of actually making it work, I will definitely look in to it, I am only learning after all =p

popster99

to be honest the falling asleep or infection it a bit better than starvation cause they will stay still so you can hit them

Epyk

Quote from: Marnador on January 24, 2015, 05:19:58 AM
Been working on something, Devastator magnetic catapult, or just a fancy sci-fi mortar.
I will probably make power as requirement we will see.

Left is original                Right is the new one

These are pretty.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Telkir

Really nice graphics on these turrets. Excellent work!

SilverDragon

Yeah those look nice, I'm always up for nice textures that stay somewhat close loyal to the vanilla artstyle, it melds better into the surroundings. :)

Patrykbono20