[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby23590

Awesome mod!

I really used this mod a bit. Though i don't know if i encountered in any enemy base that used these new turrets. Though i did saw one of the factions using the Devastator mortar in one of my test playthroughs in dev mode.

I hope you return to make B18 version of this mod!

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

SpaceDorf

In A17 I encountered a Outpost with a Rimsenal Rocket Mortar once  ;D

That was quite the experience.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Stormfox

Jan2607

Marnador will you do an official update to this? And I would love to see more turrets :)

Heymom

Quote from: Jan2607 on December 22, 2017, 01:29:34 PM
Marnador will you do an official update to this? And I would love to see more turrets :)
Agree, update + more turrets would be great.

Cyber/laser turrets for late late game, would be just perfect. Maybe do a version of each current turret for late game?

Ideas (all auto turrets);
Laser sniper, slow but deadly!
Laser shredder, fast and wide, but weaker
EMP turret, thinking like mid fast, mid damage but with a stun%
Plasma turret/mortar; emp + fire %

Muffalo Wool

The rocket complex needs to be nerfed. High damage, massive range, high rate of fire, very accurate and requires no ammunition. I find myself one-shotting those rocket pirates because of its range. It's basically a cost-free mortar, but better.

MineFoxC

"They ask me:
how did you get banned from so many communities?
I answer:i don't even know...i guess they don't like wallhacks/aimbot/lag hacks/god mode/infinite ammo?

Sagerk

Would love to see an official update for this to B18 :)

Harry_Dicks

I think it's kinda strange how there aren't more just turret mods that are updated. I suppose you can only do so much with them though, just a stationary weapon that hurts enemies. When I was looking at old mods for this game, it seemed like there was a crap ton of turret mods. Maybe a lot of the turret mod authors realized that altogether they are putting out more quantity than quality, and stock RimWorld is a game where basically every little thing is unique and serves it's own purpose with very little, if any, overlap. Still, I it's freaking crazy to me that vanilla only has ONE turret! Haha jeez man, we can't at least get a heavy and light turret, or maybe some super shitty missile turret? C'mon, Tynan! :P

Kirby23590

I kinda miss this mod. Vanilla turrets are fine. But i prefer more variety with turrets.

Military grade turrets are good against raiders using modded weapons ( if they aren't too Overpowered or are Explosive ) or modded manhunter animals like dinosaurs or even a vanilla game thrumbo.
And a Vulcan cannon is great against large swarms of tribal raiders or manhunter packs. Since i always use those turrets the most.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kirby23590 on January 12, 2018, 05:03:20 AM
I kinda miss this mod. Vanilla turrets are fine. But i prefer more variety with turrets.

Military grade turrets are good against raiders using modded weapons ( if they aren't too Overpowered or are Explosive ) or modded manhunter animals like dinosaurs or even a vanilla game thrumbo.
And a Vulcan cannon is great against large swarms of tribal raiders or manhunter packs. Since i always use those turrets the most.

The mod has a B18 update, but I'm not even sure if it was the original mod author who did it. I have it though, and it seems to be working okay. Couldn't tell you where I found it, though. Might've been a certain cyka-blyat site, though.