[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marnador

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on February 20, 2015, 06:30:32 AM
But, but, the most important ....... Did the boomrat complex is updated ? xDDD

Thank you man :)
Opps forgot about that one =p

gameismyname

For some reason, I can't get this mod to load.  Is it buried in a research tree somewhere? Or am I just missing something?

Rathael

Frazzles

Fantastic mod, probably my favourite one out there.
Especially love how it follows the vanilla aesthetic.
The one qualm I have is that the Rocket Complexes ought to take some kind of ammunition (shells).

I would also suggest that the firing time be increased to 40-60 seconds to bring it in line with the default (and somewhat useless) mortar, since it is far superior.
Another small quirk is that devastator is spelt wrongly (devestator).
I think the precision turrets are still quite overpowered in terms of damage. Maybe 30 is better? Or else make the reload time around 10 seconds.

I was able to edit all of the above to my preferences except the ammunition taking.
Figured it out

I edited your mod heavily to my preference, thank you for making such a great mod!

EDIT 2:

Marnador

Quote from: gameismyname on February 21, 2015, 11:48:33 PM
For some reason, I can't get this mod to load.  Is it buried in a research tree somewhere? Or am I just missing something?
You have to research turret cooling first(as mentioned on the first post) after all it follows vanilla progression.

Quote from: Frazzles on February 22, 2015, 06:02:08 AM
Fantastic mod, probably my favourite one out there.
Especially love how it follows the vanilla aesthetic.
The one qualm I have is that the Rocket Complexes ought to take some kind of ammunition (shells).
I would also suggest that the firing time be increased to 40-60 seconds to bring it in line with the default (and somewhat useless) mortar, since it is far superior.
I agree I do need to take a look and balance it a bit more, adding new ammunition would be tricky unless I'll try to let it use mortar shells somehow.

Quote from: gameismyname on February 21, 2015, 11:48:33 PM
Another small quirk is that devastator is spelt wrongly (devestator).
Opps! good eye, I'll fix it asap.

Quote from: gameismyname on February 21, 2015, 11:48:33 PMI think the precision turrets are still quite overpowered in terms of damage. Maybe 30 is better? Or else make the reload time around 10 seconds.
I worked with a dps chart so it shouldn't be that bad considering the fact that m24 already does 40 damage a shot, plus when people get close to it it's aim goes down the drain and it doesn't have the armor to take on melee squads, its only good for one thing... and that is long range everything else about it shouldn't be that good.

Quote from: gameismyname on February 21, 2015, 11:48:33 PMI was able to edit all of the above to my preferences except the ammunition taking.
Figured it out

I edited your mod heavily to my preference, thank you for making such a great mod!

EDIT 2:
Your welcome :) we all play like we want, I only put out the basics, anyone can change whatever they feel like if it fits their game style a bit more.

Marnador

1.4b is a minor typo fix, it bugged me so much that I just HAD to fix it.

evrett33

This is a great mod! Esp looking forward the boomrat update! In alpha 8 it was quite devestating. Can we get maybe two levels of boomrat?

Marnador

Quote from: evrett33 on February 23, 2015, 02:25:46 AM
This is a great mod! Esp looking forward the boomrat update! In alpha 8 it was quite devestating. Can we get maybe two levels of boomrat?
Two levels as in two variations?

Marnador

I worked on a little something and its not a turret D: yes been done a billion times before I know but ah well there is my variation.
Tried making the texture connect as seamless as possible, even made its own little custom blueprint atlas to go with it :)
Shallow moat, it wont block the enemy completely but slow it down dramatically, and yes they can stand on those to return fire if needed unlike sandbags.
Should this be a separate download or just a part of the mod? if there is a demand for this to be included at all.

Frazzles

Excellent stuff Marnador! +1 from me.

Definitely an interest. I have the DefendThatColony! mod that adds moats, but they have a kind of strange graphic that doesn't quite fit with the in-game water, and the path cost is 500, which I feel is a little over-the-top.

Marnador

Quote from: Frazzles on February 24, 2015, 08:12:53 AM
Excellent stuff Marnador! +1 from me.

Definitely an interest. I have the DefendThatColony! mod that adds moats, but they have a kind of strange graphic that doesn't quite fit with the in-game water, and the path cost is 500, which I feel is a little over-the-top.
Well I assume that's because his are meant to be impassible.
Mine are slightly different so even if you have both of the mods they shouldn't interfere with each-other as they both serve different purpose :)

StorymasterQ

For the shallow moat, I would absolutely love it if the requirements for its placing is that it has to be next to a body of water or another shallow moat.

That means it's just a ditch that you flow water into. Possible?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

bullet

I like this mod, but base for vulcan cannon I changed for myself. If interesting, I attached it . I found this image in google  (seems like it's some gizmo) and slightly changed and corrected. not a perfect job of course, but it looks like not bad

[attachment deleted due to age]

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: bullet on February 24, 2015, 09:22:35 PM
I like this mod, but base for vulcan cannon I changed for myself. If interesting, I attached it . I found this image in google  (seems like it's some gizmo) and slightly changed and corrected. not a perfect job of course, but it looks like not bad
I like this alot it fits the cannon so well i am gonna steal this if you dont mind
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.