[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marnador

Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 24, 2015, 07:46:45 PM
For the shallow moat, I would absolutely love it if the requirements for its placing is that it has to be next to a body of water or another shallow moat.

That means it's just a ditch that you flow water into. Possible?
Unfortunately that doesn't seems possible without some heavy coding and some unicorn magic.
But that is a neat idea!
The way the moats are restricted now is that you can place them on diggable terrain only, so things like concrete and stone flooring will prevent you from being able to dig those.

Quote from: Mechanoid HiveMind on February 25, 2015, 02:10:07 AM
Quote from: bullet on February 24, 2015, 09:22:35 PM
I like this mod, but base for vulcan cannon I changed for myself. If interesting, I attached it . I found this image in google  (seems like it's some gizmo) and slightly changed and corrected. not a perfect job of course, but it looks like not bad
I like this alot it fits the cannon so well i am gonna steal this if you dont mind
Well if there is a demand I could make a similar design and make it swappable on the fly with a rotate key :)

bullet

Yes of course. Use it at your own discretion.  just for this goal  I attached  8)

Marnador

I tried =p
you can switch the style at will with "E" or "Q" rotate keys.

Marnador

Alright it's not necessarily related to turrets BUT I was talking to Tynan a few hours ago about the game font.
It seems that the RimWorld logo was designed as a standalone image there for no font was made, so he gave me permission to give a shot at making a fan made RimWorld font which would make life a little bit easier for YouTubers and modders alike.

Here is wip, so far I just need to finish the numbers and post it tomorrow in its own topic to prevent confusion.

JackeryFox

UntouchedWagons

Love this mod. Can you make it so that the devastator turrets cool down even when they're not in combat?

Marnador

v1.5 is out, all the changes are on the first post near the bottom as always :)
Boomrat complex is A9 compatible now.

Quote from: UntouchedWagons on February 26, 2015, 11:00:14 AM
Love this mod. Can you make it so that the devastator turrets cool down even when they're not in combat?
I am afraid that's an ordinary mortar behavior, if there is a way how to do it I am not aware of it :c

Pumpus

well dam if i had waited 1 day i could have done the vid on version 1.5. ohh well that's gonna happen i suppose.
Be sure to check out "The Mod Show". Reviews of Rimworld mods so you don't have to do all the testing.

The Mod Show - By Pumpus

Marnador

Quote from: Pumpus on February 27, 2015, 06:24:54 AM
well dam if i had waited 1 day i could have done the vid on version 1.5. ohh well that's gonna happen i suppose.
Don't worry everything you covered is pretty much still relevant, moats aren't turrets and the only major change is that rocket complex reloads a bit faster but needs shells, if you don't consider boomrat complex =p
When you messaged me about the video I was under the impression that it's already been recorded so I didn't warn you in advance.
But again it's alright :)

Pumpus

all good ill just have to stay tuned and do an update spot light in the future. ps love the idea of moats and the other mod that was doing them made them too op i think. looking forward to trying these ones.
Be sure to check out "The Mod Show". Reviews of Rimworld mods so you don't have to do all the testing.

The Mod Show - By Pumpus

Marnador

Quote from: Pumpus on February 27, 2015, 07:18:59 AM
all good ill just have to stay tuned and do an update spot light in the future. ps love the idea of moats and the other mod that was doing them made them too op i think. looking forward to trying these ones.
Yeah I am basically listening to what people want and as long as whatever has been requested sounds reasonable I take it in to consideration.
So no doubt there will be more stuff in the future :)
I will probably finish up exporting font vectors and start working on some sort of banner for the front page of this mod.

kingtyris

Love this mod so much! But is there any way we can get the devastator turret to require shells as well?

Frazzles

Quote from: kingtyris on February 28, 2015, 10:20:40 AM
Love this mod so much! But is there any way we can get the devastator turret to require shells as well?

This can be done quite easily with xml editing; add
<turretShellDef>ArtilleryShell</turretShellDef>
inside  <building></building> of the devastator mortar and I think replacing "ArtilleryShell" with any item works as well.

Der Failer

Quote from: Frazzles on February 28, 2015, 10:38:46 AM
... any item works as well.
Start loading the cows! They will fear us once their army starts falling apart under the disease.
wait wrong game ...

Marnador

Yeah the reason I didn't added shells as requirement is because it already takes 80 seconds to recharge plus opposed to conventional mortar this one also eats 1200 power which is quite a bit just for a single mortar turret, you would need an entire geothermal generator just to barely power 3 of those =p
But if you feel like making it take shells, as mentioned above you could edit .xml files quite easily yourself :)