[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddlejumper448

The unofficial update didn't work for me, so it's time to play the patience game lol

DiabeticCat

Update your mod Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarn or I'll ban you from the Mumble server.

jerome736

Marnador

Quote from: DiabeticCat on April 27, 2015, 04:42:33 AM
Update your mod Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarn or I'll ban you from the Mumble server.
Shush you U:

Eh sorry guys for not making it last weekend as I thought I would.
I am getting on it now, I am thinking about adding another turret, the idea is having something basic that is usable by colonists and requires no power.
So in case of solar flares you could still have a way of defending yourself, plus have a use for your low shooting skill colonists.
You can drop your ideas too that can potentially help a lot :)

Adamiks

Quote from: Marnador on April 28, 2015, 11:31:31 PM

I think that moat should be buildable not only on dirt. Why? You know, colonists can mine plasteel so why they can't build moat in the concrete?

And maybe turret with vanilla guns on it? Or maybe shotgun turret? And maybe embrasures or something that isn't a turret? :D

Marnador

Quote from: Adamiks on April 29, 2015, 03:27:41 AM
Quote from: Marnador on April 28, 2015, 11:31:31 PM

I think that moat should be buildable not only on dirt. Why? You know, colonists can mine plasteel so why they can't build moat in the concrete?

And maybe turret with vanilla guns on it? Or maybe shotgun turret? And maybe embrasures or something that isn't a turret? :D
Actually there is a technical reason why I made it build-able only on dirt, I am using a LinkFlag which is unfortunately used by terrain cliffs because those are hard coded and I am not aware how to make my own (linkFlag is something that is assigned to the moat atlas so it can connect the different related pieces seamlessly like walls and sandbags) now because of that if you place a moat next to a cliff it will connect with it and will look terrible as a result, but because most cliffs have rocky flooring next to them that prevents that from happening for the most part :)
Plus colonists can't dig a grave in a rocky flooring so it sorta follows RimWorld logic <<<attempting to come up with a creative excuse

Adamiks

Quote from: Marnador on April 29, 2015, 06:14:12 AM
Actually there is a technical reason why I made it build-able only on dirt, I am using a LinkFlag which is unfortunately used by terrain cliffs because those are hard coded and I am not aware how to make my own (linkFlag is something that is assigned to the moat atlas so it can connect the different related pieces seamlessly like walls and sandbags) now because of that if you place a moat next to a cliff it will connect with it and will look terrible as a result, but because most cliffs have rocky flooring next to them that prevents that from happening for the most part :)
Plus colonists can't dig a grave in a rocky flooring so it sorta follows RimWorld logic <<<attempting to come up with a creative excuse

In "Defend That Colony!" you can build a moat on everything because this "moat" is "sandbag-like". I send you file with only a moat (all what you need is only ThingMoat and that's all). Plus colonists can't dig a grave in a rocky flooring, because graves have texture with a dirt<<<attempting to come up with a creative excuse.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Marnador

Quote from: Adamiks on April 29, 2015, 06:30:21 AM
Quote from: Marnador on April 29, 2015, 06:14:12 AM

In "Defend That Colony!" you can build a moat on everything because this "moat" is "sandbag-like". I send you file with only a moat (all what you need is only ThingMoat and that's all). Plus colonists can't dig a grave in a rocky flooring, because graves have texture with a dirt<<<attempting to come up with a creative excuse.
I am well aware that you can do it there, but just to illustrate my point try using that mod and build a moat next to a wall and see what happens, or next to a cliff.
The flag I am using is less common and it wont connect with walls unlike in "Defend That Colony" which is good, but it will connect to cliffs which is what I am trying to avoid.
But hey if that kind of artifact doesn't bother you when I am done with the update you can open MVT_Buildings_Security.xml and under === moat === change the following line from   <terrainAffordanceNeeded>Diggable</terrainAffordanceNeeded> to <terrainAffordanceNeeded>Light</terrainAffordanceNeeded> problem solved :)

Adamiks

Marnador

Quote from: Adamiks on April 29, 2015, 07:15:31 AM
I've done it a long time ago :D, but thanks.
Ah alrighty then ^^

1.6 is out A10 support included, change logs are on the first page.

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: Marnador on April 29, 2015, 08:23:11 AM
Quote from: Adamiks on April 29, 2015, 07:15:31 AM
I've done it a long time ago :D, but thanks.
Ah alrighty then ^^

1.6 is out A10 support included, change logs are on the first page.

Oh the joy! One of the few mods I need is this one. :)

Marnador

Meanwhile I been playing around with a bunker idea, not sure how effective that would be but it should still provide cover from any direction and some bullet spam.

Rodrigogogo

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: Rodrigogogo on June 11, 2015, 03:04:21 PM
personnal most wanted mod since A11 :D

Indeed the only mod I really need is this one, and the EdB Interface mod. Thanks for making such a great mod fitting the game so greatly both graphically and balanced wise.

sky