On walls and crops

Started by Lord Fappington, January 21, 2015, 11:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Fappington

I'd consider making stone buildings much more time consuming to build and stronger, or conversely, wood less time consuming and weaker.  The idea is that the choices and investments in one over another should be more stark.

Another idea, consider water (precipitation or terrain) being a factor for crops in addition to soil quality.  I know this is more difficult to code, but at present I wish there was more competing incentives for choosing a colony site on the world and site maps.

Noobshock

Kaelent

Isn't this already the case? The difference between wood and stone walls already significantly increases the 'work needed' to build the wall and the HP of the wall. Not to mention that stone walls have 0 flammability so they are harder (though not impossible) to burn down.

Using more durable material will naturally increase the work needed based off the modifier for that material currently. If you want an extreme example of this make a wood royal bed versus a stone royal bed. The work needed jumps from roughly 100-200 to 1000-1200. Of course, stone and metals also have a negative rest modifiers for beds and speed modifiers for doors so sometimes its best just to stick with wood.