fear tec?

Started by heero yuy79, November 09, 2013, 08:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heero yuy79

do I just put a load of these cages near where raiders spawn and put dead people in them and then the raiders run away?

Raven

Fear or happiness, but not both at the same time are a way of attaining loyalty. ;)

nnescio

Quote from: heero yuy79 on November 09, 2013, 08:25:27 PM
do I just put a load of these cages near where raiders spawn and put dead people in them and then the raiders run away?

It will lower their happiness but raise their fear. As loyalty is set to be equivalent to the highest of the two, they would still have high loyalty and won't run away.

Also, IIRC, raiders will wreck gibbet cages if there aren't any higher priority targets (that is, your colonists and turrets) nearby.

EarthyTurtle

Cage's aren't a way to combat raiders persay, but a way of ensuring loyalty through fear among the colonists. You can also stick one in a jail cell and drive the prisoners mad with fear. Place them around the colony to remind everyone what would happen to them if they EVER decided to defy your rule. >:D

mumblemumble

Quote from: TinnedEpic on November 10, 2013, 03:58:41 AM
Cage's aren't a way to combat raiders persay, but a way of ensuring loyalty through fear among the colonists. You can also stick one in a jail cell and drive the prisoners mad with fear. Place them around the colony to remind everyone what would happen to them if they EVER decided to defy your rule. >:D
Yeah, cages work wonders for it, especially with humans inside them (disable putting animals in them, cause it has no effect then).

I have my prison lined with 13 of them, and if anyone nears a mental break I just force them into the room for a few seconds, and they straighten up, seeing all the bodies.

Would be nice if fear had adverse effects though, I see little reason to keep people happy too.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

heero yuy79

so its not used to repel invaders by making them fear you?

nnescio

Quote from: heero yuy79 on November 10, 2013, 07:45:08 AM
so its not used to repel invaders by making them fear you?

Nope. They are used to enforce loyalty by making your colonists fear you.