[A9] Biodiversity v3.0 A9 Don't Bug Out! Mar. 09, 2015

Started by Igabod, January 22, 2015, 01:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: Igabod on January 22, 2015, 05:03:57 PM
Quote from: TheSilencedScream on January 22, 2015, 04:52:39 PM
Hrhejakeghfhb!

These are awesome! But now... I want a puppy colonist. :(

I do have access to a puppy dog texture. I don't have the programming abilities to make it a recruitable colonist who hauls stuff or anything yet though. I'll keep looking into figuring out how to do that, but for now you'll just have to settle for some friendly wild dogs and possibly soon some not so friendly wolves and Lacosdiles and Rim Rams that will attack any pawn that gets too close to it.

[edit to add] Upon further reflection though, I could create a new faction of sentient dog people that would raid your base and could be captured and recruited. Shinzy already showed the way with his Norbals faction. I might look into doing that just for fun. But before I do that I'm going to work on the custom bodytypes for these animals.

:o
<3
<3 <3 <3

Needless to say, I'm downloading this mod, regardless!
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

evrett33

This looks great! Is there anything special involved is making the animal sprite? you could totally run a contest to promote the game and mod if there isnt much involved beyond drawing the critter.

Are these 7 all spread out into different biomes?

Igabod

Quote from: evrett33 on January 22, 2015, 10:27:08 PM
This looks great! Is there anything special involved is making the animal sprite? you could totally run a contest to promote the game and mod if there isnt much involved beyond drawing the critter.

Are these 7 all spread out into different biomes?

All you need to do is just draw the animal from the three different perspectives (front, side, back) and the rest is done with XML to put the animal into the game. The image must be saved as a .png filetype and must have a transparent background. For example size of the images just look at the ones provided in the mod. You can post the images on here or send them to me in a PM and if they are of decent quality I'll probably add them in and credit you for your contribution along with the other artists. As for a contest, well I can't offer anything as a reward beyond putting the creature into the mod and adding a credit to the artist so it won't really be much of a contest. But if you see that as reward enough then you are free to call it a contest if you like.

Yes, the animals all spawn in various biomes. Some more prevalent in one biome than another.

evrett33

you should ask ludeon if they've been contacted by any youtubers or media types..especially with Pax south right around the corner. I'm sure one of them could craft it into a contest and prob cough up a prize for the winners.

Igabod

with the new release of v5.0 of Xtra Plants I am also releasing a compatibility patch for this mod. It is listed in the OP under Compatibility Patches in the Download Links section.

Kolljak

Wasnt someone revitalizing project K-9 you could lend them the dog art file or work together with them for tameable dogs :D

Igabod

Quote from: Kolljak on January 23, 2015, 04:23:38 PM
Wasnt someone revitalizing project K-9 you could lend them the dog art file or work together with them for tameable dogs :D

Uh oh..... looks like somebody failed to read the original post where I mentioned that the dog art files in this mod came from Project K9 ;). And yes, someone is trying to get that mod revived right now. If they do finally get it going then I'll probably end up borrowing the code for the tameable dogs from there. But currently that's not available.

Igabod

For those of you who use this as well as Alpha Muffalo and Xtra Plants, there is now a compatibility patch that makes all three mods work together. Just look in the Compatibility Patches part of the Download Links section on the original post. Don't forget to read the directions above the links to know how to make it work.

Igabod

Have you ever been playing and thought that the animals were just way too tame? They feel like a piece of moving scenery more than wild animals living on a planet sparsely populated by humans. Well not anymore! Thanks to Haplo, some of the new animals added in this mod will now behave more like wild animals. They are territorial and will attack anything that gets too close to them. Some are more aggressive than others and will chase you down if you get too close. Others will just chase you out of their territory. And some are still just as friendly as ever. They usually end up being the victims of the aggressive ones, but occasionally one will surprise you and take 2 or 3 attackers out before finally giving in to the rest of the pack. Watching the never-ending battle between the various animals on the map is almost as fun as actually building a successful colony. This also adds an extra layer of challenge to the game because you have to keep a close eye on your colonists to make sure they don't wander into the dangerous part of the woods.

[edit to add] And no, I won't be telling you which ones are dangerous and which aren't. I'll leave that to your logic skills to figure out. And should those fail you then you can find out the hard way. Don't worry, I haven't had anybody actually get killed by any of the animals just yet. Only incapacitated.

Shinzy

Igabod

Quote from: Shinzy on January 25, 2015, 05:36:40 AM
:o DON'T TRUST THE CUTE ONES!

Aww, that's flattering. Thanks for calling me cute! But don't worry, I'm trustworthy enough. :-p

Shinzy

Quote from: Igabod on January 25, 2015, 06:59:02 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on January 25, 2015, 05:36:40 AM
:o DON'T TRUST THE CUTE ONES!

Aww, that's flattering. Thanks for calling me cute! But don't worry, I'm trustworthy enough. :-p

trustworthy in like you can be trusted to go all rambo like this

evrett33

Im' being forced to log in to the forums in order to download this..is that what you want?

Igabod

Quote from: evrett33 on January 25, 2015, 01:22:53 PM
Im' being forced to log in to the forums in order to download this..is that what you want?

Really? I thought that making the download link visible would be enough. Oh well, you obviously have an account already so is it really that difficult to log in? I never actually log out of the forums myself. I'd rather use the forum attachments for download links than a 3rd party host.

evrett33

Not a problem for me but other might not be able to create an account or are banned and might not be able to access the mod. Also the compatibility fixes had the log in gate before I could download them.

I'm having a beast of a time getting expanded woodworking, xtraplants and biodiversity and to load without the white errors. Then when they do the sprites wont load in Prepare carefully if I try and make a new colony. It seems to be an either /or scenario..half the time frustrated with need to load twice gfx bug I get every now and then for all mods.

Xtraplants has a compadability patch for woodworking that is a mod in itself, while you patch for xtra plants is just a biome file..is seems like a mess. Can you guys get together and agree on 1 tree/wood/anime improvement mod so there is not so much juggling/patching going on? or Could you make biodiversity work with T's extracrop/xtracloth mods? And I guess expanded woodworking if that isnt already kosher.