[A9] Biodiversity v3.0 A9 Don't Bug Out! Mar. 09, 2015

Started by Igabod, January 22, 2015, 01:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

demacrex

It's 1am and I only tested it on two maps quickly but I think I'm done, I'd like to present you ladies and gentlemen with an a11 version of Biodiversity that I am very excited to bring to you (one thing you might notice is that the animals that would normally bring chaos to the map might be a bit more friendly, this is only due to my impatience and want of the mod and not being able to fix the errors another way)   :P
Mod is still Igabods and I take no credit, merely looked over the code and tested ingame until no errors came up on and off all night, as it says above I can't mod but I gave it a fair go because I hate not having this mod working  :D
-Updated to A11
-Added ice shelf biome as 'buildable' and added Alphalo, rimdog, rimram, snork and Furx for their subzero temp comfort
-Removed rimwolf as Igabod said
and just happy to help out, hope you're back soon Igabod  ;D
I'll attach it to this comment, now I'm gonna go to sleep  ::)

[attachment deleted due to age]
If Rimworld taught me anything, it's that 95% of your problems can be killed and eaten.

kaptain_kavern

anybody have tried it yet?
I'm waiting for at least some comments before adding it to the A11 modlist
else i'm gonna try it myself a soon as i finish my current colony ;)
Thx demacrex for the update btw ;)

nmid

ty demacrex.. I hope igabod comes and updates this topic!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

demacrex

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on June 27, 2015, 09:27:29 AM
anybody have tried it yet?
I've been playing with it on and off today and so has a friend who has RW (gave him Biodiversity to test) and I didn't see any problems, but as I mentioned (by saying they are more friendly in OP :P) I had to remove the aggression trait from some animals as after 3 hours trying to fix it and constant errors on startup I caved and went to bed (I mentioned I'm not a modder right?)  so I took that out next morning and started with no errors and after a little playtest I uploaded it and yeah no problems so far for me but I've only played one biome so far but I've seen fly's, alphalo, tarantulas, mosquitoes and furxs on my map :)   
As do I nmid and hopefully has a little time to do a little update on the mod aswell, I just got impatient and wanted to hunt these glorious animals hahaha :)
Edit: Just noticed this in biodiversity/defs/biomedefs/biodiversity_biomes <animalDensity>0</animalDensity> on ice sheet line 9 might wanna set that to something if you intend to play on ice sheet, desert is .7 and tundra 1.0 so I guess maybe .3-.5 might be appropriate, not sure
If Rimworld taught me anything, it's that 95% of your problems can be killed and eaten.

Haplo

Hi demacrex,
Thanks for your work. I've just added the aggressive animals part for you.

kaptain_kavern

demacrex

Quote from: Haplo on June 27, 2015, 11:17:01 AM
Hi demacrex,
Thanks for your work. I've just added the aggressive animals part for you.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RE-ADDING THAT HAPLO!!!! was worried about removing it but now I can rest easy knowing you fixed it :)
I'll download the one haplo has re-uploaded and continue testing it, cheers again :)

Igabod

Thanks to everybody for helping with this update. I will try and update the main post in this thread today. I have been extremely busy lately, but the good news is I got myself a job finally. I start work on Monday making pizza at Little Caesars. It's not a high paying job but it will do to keep me alive until I can find a better job.

demacrex

Hope something awesome comes up soon, or lots of free pizza :P

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Igabod on June 27, 2015, 12:42:42 PM
I start work on Monday

Gratz man

+

i also add a link to the mod in the Alpha 11 compatible Modlist thread

Haplo

I'm not sure if it was needed, but here is an update to alpha 11b

Ninefinger

LanMc

Quote from: Haplo on July 11, 2015, 01:22:14 PM
I'm not sure if it was needed, but here is an update to alpha 11b

Thank you Haplo!  I appreciate it bunches!
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

blub01

don't know if this is answered in one of the previous pages, I only read this one, but does this mod also alter the pawn AI so that they avoid agressive animals?
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Igabod

Quote from: blub01 on August 03, 2015, 05:18:27 PM
don't know if this is answered in one of the previous pages, I only read this one, but does this mod also alter the pawn AI so that they avoid agressive animals?

Nope sure doesn't. That would probably be a good addition to the mod, but I have no time to work on mods for the time being. I check the forums here every day still, but I just haven't had time for anything fun since I moved to the Atlanta area in June. I'll keep that idea in mind and see if Haplo can add it in whenever I have free time again though.