what is a walruss ?

Started by evrett33, January 22, 2015, 03:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evrett33

"The image is bordered by uncountable walruss"

I guess my real question is whether art will be allowed to depict things that dont exist in Rimworld.

ITypedThis

But they do exist!

Exhibit A) Walrus

Such majestic creatures.

EscapeZeppelin

I'm more concerned by this engraving:
"On this oeuvre is a portrayal of an unstoppable thief wearing a jockstrap. There is a sticks in the background. The image in bordered by a ton of mooses."

What kind of insane event must have inspired that decoration and what is "a sticks"? Is the thief stealing the sticks or moose by the ton? And why is he only wearing a jockstrap? So many questions, so few answers... Maybe it's a sex thing?

Shinzy

Walrus, many Walruses, Uncountable Walruss
It's the multiplural of the animal seen in exhibit A

(And I think that's the most logical animal to be seen in the last missing biome, I don't think Ty would go with Pengwings or Polar bears, the Walrusii are one of the more interesting snow animals)

Edit: And Zeppy! it's art don't question it! art doesn't need answers, it can be percieved in many ways so it's not a sex thing

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: Shinzy on January 22, 2015, 03:50:31 PMEdit: And Zeppy! it's art don't question it! art doesn't need answers, it can be perceived in many ways so it's not a sex thing

Couldn't I perceive it as a sex thing?

FridayBiology

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on January 22, 2015, 08:45:07 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on January 22, 2015, 03:50:31 PMEdit: And Zeppy! it's art don't question it! art doesn't need answers, it can be perceived in many ways so it's not a sex thing

Couldn't I perceive it as a sex thing?

Would it be so bad if it was a sex thing?

> Diversity mod has a "snork", "kindof walruss" like?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Raufgar

I'm going to edit mine and have the game show this when it talks about walrusses...
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

StorymasterQ

Obviously, it's this.

"Goo goo g'joob" and all that.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

evrett33

"Exhibit A) Walrus. Such majestic creatures." Eh who cares what they look like..how do they taste!

I'm curious how the art program is going to handle the art of intergalactic space pirates..I mean decorated items have prob been around awhile and I'm assuming most folks on rimworld havnt been here the whole time..so is there going to be a lot of art that makes no sense because it from another planet/culture etc.

"on this scutpture is a a craving of a Uygergdfs overturning on the I-15 freeway. It is surrounded by marklakrs and verablalaes and smells like orishness"

ITypedThis

Quote from: evrett33 on January 22, 2015, 10:35:57 PM
"Exhibit A) Walrus. Such majestic creatures." Eh who cares what they look like..how do they taste!

I'm curious how the art program is going to handle the art of intergalactic space pirates..I mean decorated items have prob been around awhile and I'm assuming most folks on rimworld havnt been here the whole time..so is there going to be a lot of art that makes no sense because it from another planet/culture etc.

"on this scutpture is a a craving of a Uygergdfs overturning on the I-15 freeway. It is surrounded by marklakrs and verablalaes and smells like orishness"

Well, according the internet, walrus meat is very potent and horse-like, with a slight fishy-taste.

Shinzy

Quote from: ITypedThis on January 22, 2015, 11:28:05 PM
Quote from: evrett33 on January 22, 2015, 10:35:57 PM

Well, according the internet, walrus meat is very potent and horse-like, with a slight fishy-taste.

Findus fishsticks!

Very horselike, very fishy

hesoyam

Quote from: ITypedThis on January 22, 2015, 11:28:05 PM

Take care not to forget it's fearsome mutagenic effects!

skullywag

Quote from: Shinzy on January 22, 2015, 03:50:31 PM

(And I think that's the most logical animal to be seen in the last missing biome, I don't think Ty would go with Pengwings or Polar bears, the Walrusii are one of the more interesting snow animals)

Edit: And Zeppy! it's art don't question it! art doesn't need answers, it can be percieved in many ways so it's not a sex thing

there better be penguins soon or i know what my next mod is gonna be. if twilight forest in minecraft taught me anything its that PENGUINS RULE...ahem...yeah
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on January 23, 2015, 03:45:53 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on January 22, 2015, 03:50:31 PM

there better be penguins soon or i know what my next mod is gonna be. if twilight forest in minecraft taught me anything its that PENGUINS RULE...ahem...yeah

Pingu mod! Noot noot!

milon

^ But how would you make them super stretchy??