[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

Alistaire

Quote from: Loki88 on September 17, 2015, 01:51:36 PM
Is there a real world gun that you based the hunting rifle off of, or is it just from your imagination? It's quickly becoming my favourite to have colonists equipped with along with the storm carbines.

The one labelled "hunting rifle" is a Steyr Scout:

The "storm carbine" is a Beretta Cx4 Storm:

All guns in Rimfire are real guns, but to keep it vanilla friendly I renamed them.

I liked the Scout in Counter-Strike because it didn't have such a huge cooldown between shots, and I had already made a drawing of it before.
The Beretta Cx4 Storm looked really nice and there were usable sounds of it on Youtube (which is a huge plus).

Thanks for downloading Rimfire, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Beathrus

This Mod + another to make Guns, always makes me happy. Because my people end up with actual usable weapons, instead of like, a hodgepodge of equipment.

zenfur

Hey there!

I've playtested my milkor suggestions and it feels better. I like 3-shot one the most. Check it out if you want and apply the change :) If you want to keep this one as well I suggest adding http://www.kf-wiki.com/wiki/M79_grenade_launcher which would work as the old one.

My settings:
<ThingDef ParentName="BaseBullet">
<defName>Projectile_MilkorMGL</defName>
<label>MGL grenade</label>
<projectile>
<speed>50</speed>
<flyOverhead>false</flyOverhead>
<damageDef>Bomb</damageDef>
<damageAmountBase>40</damageAmountBase>
<explosionRadius>1.4</explosionRadius>
<!--<explosionDelay>90</explosionDelay>-->
</projectile>
</ThingDef>

<ThingDef ParentName="BaseHumanGun">
<defName>Gun_MilkorMGL</defName>
<statBases>
<MarketValue>1900</MarketValue>
<AccuracyTouch>0.90</AccuracyTouch>
<AccuracyShort>0.60</AccuracyShort>
<AccuracyMedium>0.30</AccuracyMedium>
<AccuracyLong>0.20</AccuracyLong>
<RangedWeapon_Cooldown>2.5</RangedWeapon_Cooldown>
</statBases>
<verbs>
<li>
<verbClass>Verb_Shoot</verbClass>
<hasStandardCommand>true</hasStandardCommand>
<projectileDef>Projectile_MilkorMGL</projectileDef>
<ai_IsBuildingDestroyer>true</ai_IsBuildingDestroyer>
<warmupTicks>280</warmupTicks>
<noiseRadius>4</noiseRadius>
<forcedMissRadius>1.5</forcedMissRadius>
<range>40</range>
<minRange>5</minRange>
<targetParams>
<canTargetLocations>true</canTargetLocations>
</targetParams>
<soundCast>RF_ShotMilkorMGL</soundCast>
<muzzleFlashScale>14</muzzleFlashScale>
<burstShotcount>3</burstShotcount>
<ticksBetweenBurstShots>20</ticksBetweenBurstShots>
</li>
</verbs>
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

FMJ Penguin

Quote from: Beathrus on September 17, 2015, 05:57:48 PM
This Mod + another to make Guns, always makes me happy. Because my people end up with actual usable weapons, instead of like, a hodgepodge of equipment.

Same here. Only two weaponish mods I use anymore are the wep-crafting one and this. Oh and the tools one just because they're kinda neato hehe(albeit kinda pointless)
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Beathrus

Quote from: FMJ Penguin on September 19, 2015, 07:59:39 AM

Same here. Only two weaponish mods I use anymore are the wep-crafting one and this. Oh and the tools one just because they're kinda neato hehe(albeit kinda pointless)

Me too, I use this One and Latta's weapon making mod. And yeah, the tools one is kinda pointless for me too. Since Apparello gives a tool belt that is amazing... oh wait, nevermind. x.x That is the Tools mod. I should snag that.

Alistaire

Rimfire v1.8 CR for Alpha 12.... yup it updated again

CombatRealism updated and it now requires a newer version of the patch, which is now up on all download locations.
The version changes shot variations and such.

Along with that I discussed removing the CombatRealism patch downloads from ModDB and NexusMods and only provide a Dropbox link. If anyone has opinions on that, do tell.

IzzyHRC

Hey, nice artwork, for a moment there I tought the FN P90 was in there... I was mistaken :(
Want to try it out nonetheless!

Just a few questions. (sorry if it got asked already)
Will adding this mod to an existing world (aka save game) cause any issues?

Alistaire

Quote from: IzzyHRC on November 05, 2015, 08:49:40 AM
Hey, nice artwork, for a moment there I tought the FN P90 was in there... I was mistaken :(
Want to try it out nonetheless!

Just a few questions. (sorry if it got asked already)
Will adding this mod to an existing world (aka save game) cause any issues?

You can add Rimfire to existing worlds but you can't remove it since the references to the items would break.

Austupaio

I feel many weapon mods go a little overboard with the amount of content they add (I'm guilty of this too), I like that this one is fairly concise and has such a consistent feel to it. Also, while I must commend you on the very witty name, I think it's a missed opportunity that there are no actual rimfire firearms in this pack as far as I can tell! :P

Unless you're telling me that derringer is in 22LR, god help whichever colonist on a hostile alien planet is stuck with that.

Alistaire

Quote from: Austupaio on November 13, 2015, 01:34:18 PM
I feel many weapon mods go a little overboard with the amount of content they add (I'm guilty of this too), I like that this one is fairly concise and has such a consistent feel to it. Also, while I must commend you on the very witty name, I think it's a missed opportunity that there are no actual rimfire firearms in this pack as far as I can tell! :P

Unless you're telling me that derringer is in 22LR, god help whichever colonist on a hostile alien planet is stuck with that.

Thanks, though the amount of content also has a lot to do with me being busy with other things. I've got some half finished guns on hold and
a backlog of, what, twenty assault rifles alone? If I find out how to make defNames use a random combination of sprite, description and stats
I'll get those guns out as an extension to the base game guns (as to keep trade screens and stockpile settings clean).

And indeed, no guns are chambered for rimfire cartridge, unless you really really want the Ruger carbine to be chambered for it.

Austupaio

Ah, so you do have the need to keep adding things... it's hard to know when to stop, isn't it? As for the randomization of a single base item, yes, if you could work it out, that'd be amazing. I've wanted to do something similar (and not just in mods for Rimworld either) but I'm not that adept with any codebase to make it work particularly well. It would allow for a nice amount of variety without necessarily flooding the player for options.

Nice, I didn't even notice the Ruger in there. What is that, like the .40 Police Carbine? I didn't even know those existed until fairly recently. You know, a basic wooden-stocked 10/22 wouldn't be a terrible addition. I'd give it one of my people I send out to hunt snakes and other vermin, so that my real guns can stay with my guards. Plus if anything would survive that ravages of times and end up on an alien planet hundreds of years from now, 10/22s would be right there with AKs.

Not because of any special durability or anything, there's just so damned many of them. Over 5 million built since the 60s, and that's just the standard version.

toric

does anyone have complete documentation of the specs of each item? what guns do you guys use the most or find more effective?

i personally love the deadeye rifle, it can be near OP with CR

123nick

do you think adding in the 6P62 would be a good idea? its a russian .50cal assault rifle, with a 20round mag. here is a illustrated picture of it side on: http://cfile27.uf.tistory.com/image/141A571E4CD64E551B5B79 in real life: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/tmp_dropzone_080604122216_6p_62_1-tfb.jpg  wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6P62 i think it could be named a "heavy assault rifle" or "heavy battle rifle" or something like that, and for balance something that has low accuracy but does high damage per shot, but with a long aim and/or set up time, so its risky too use because a enemy may close to melee before its fired, but when it does fire it can murder or maim most things charging at your drafted colonist.

Austupaio

Could be interesting, worth noting though that in trials it proved to malfunction quite frequently and did indeed have poor accuracy. It's too bad there's no way to model unreliability in Rimfire at the moment. I mean without making entirely new functions.

Ungrateful

So you can actually craft these weapons? If so what mod do you use?