[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

WereCat88

I am The Primal Mammelon

joaonunes

Quote from: WereCat88 on May 25, 2016, 03:43:46 PM
I didn't know, thank you for the info.

It wasnt easy for me to find the statement saying that this mod works with CR 1.6.4+, but I found it about 2 pages after the one where there's the compatibility patch
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

dareddevil7

I need nuclear artillery to vaporize those that think they can besiege my colony

joaonunes

Quote from: dareddevil7 on May 25, 2016, 04:41:30 PM
I need nuclear artillery to vaporize those that think they can besiege my colony

1 - Get CR defense pack;
2 - surround your colony with 90mm flak cannons loaded with HE shells;
3 - when the raid starts man the turrets end watch the enemies eat an average of 5 fragments per shot, or instakill if shot directly/really close, while damaging nearly all raiders in one shot

dareddevil7

Quote from: joaonunes on May 25, 2016, 04:48:35 PM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on May 25, 2016, 04:41:30 PM

1 - Get CR defense pack;
2 - surround your colony with 90mm flak cannons loaded with HE shells;
3 - when the raid starts man the turrets end watch the enemies eat an average of 5 fragments per shot, or instakill if shot directly/really close, while damaging nearly all raiders in one shot
But those don't need like 10 people to load the shell into the cannon

joaonunes

No just one pawn, slowly though so its best to have several side by side. I can say that only 2 of them held back a mechanoid attack, although in a siege they are not useful...

dareddevil7

Quote from: joaonunes on May 25, 2016, 05:06:43 PM
No just one pawn, slowly though so its best to have several side by side. I can say that only 2 of them held back a mechanoid attack, although in a siege they are not useful...
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Operation_Upshot_test.ogg

I'm certain it would make dealing with sieges more fun. Maybe if someone was dedicated enough to the idea you could use it to wipe out entire settlements.

joaonunes

Quote from: dareddevil7 on May 25, 2016, 05:22:00 PM
Quote from: joaonunes on May 25, 2016, 05:06:43 PM
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Operation_Upshot_test.ogg

I'm certain it would make dealing with sieges more fun. Maybe if someone was dedicated enough to the idea you could use it to wipe out entire settlements.

Ahh I see what you mean xD

jayerbayer

hi Alistaire,

I absolutely loved this mod, the weapons are very vanilla like and balanced, I'm just wondering if you were planning to update it to alpha 14 as is.

thanks in advance

Alistaire

Quote from: jayerbayer on July 16, 2016, 01:14:29 AM
hi Alistaire,

I absolutely loved this mod, the weapons are very vanilla like and balanced, I'm just wondering if you were planning to update it to alpha 14 as is.

thanks in advance

I am planning to update it to Alpha 14 with the results from the poll taken into account. I've run into a few problems with the CCL MCM so I might
have to drop that part.

So, no. I am not planning to update it to alpha 14 as-is.

jayerbayer

Oh that is great news! It wouldn't bother me if you just got it to work for alpha 14 as i can't play without this mod. But to hear it will have more features is even better!

MaxP

There's nothing better than CR+RimFire, so we'll be waiting :)

Alistaire, I can help with russian translation, if necessary.

bewby

I hope this is still getting updated to the latest patch, I haven't found an additional weapon mod that feels right like rimfire does.

Warforyou

Quote from: bewby on August 01, 2016, 03:51:35 PM
I hope this is still getting updated to the latest patch, I haven't found an additional weapon mod that feels right like rimfire does.
Thumbs up!

Alistaire

News about Rimfire v2.1 for Alpha 14 (no release yet)

The release is planned for next week at most. The CCL MCM has been fixed and fifteen weapons have been added. These last few days will be
spent polishing what's there. I personally never supplied the CR patches so I have not worked on one. Do not expect Rimfire to appear on steam
- I will attempt to put it on the workshop but from experience it's a lot of hassle to maintain something on there.

Thanks for your interest in Rimfire!
Alistaire