[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

asquirrel

Quote from: Alistaire on January 05, 2017, 04:33:49 AM
Quote from: asquirrel on January 04, 2017, 07:33:20 PM
Thanks man for the gun mod.  You can never have too many guns, unless you have a mod conflict, which apparently I do. :)

Are you sure you have HugsLib 2.2.3+? Other than that I don't know what the issue could be.

Quote from: Alistaire on January 05, 2017, 04:33:49 AM
Quote from: asquirrel on January 04, 2017, 07:33:20 PM
Thanks man for the gun mod.  You can never have too many guns, unless you have a mod conflict, which apparently I do. :)

Are you sure you have HugsLib 2.2.3+? Other than that I don't know what the issue could be.

Hey Alistaire!  I updated to 2.30 of Hugslib.  First tried putting it just after "core" and then a second time just before "core."  Either way, I'm generating a new error with this mod.  I do have other weapon mods running.  Do you think that could be caused by a conflict?  I've tried disabling some of them but no luck with the error message change.  Any other way I could troubleshoot this because I'd really like to use this mod! :)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

ajaviide

I have same error .
I think it has something to do with mod options menu, because disabling gun list (in mod options) dsnt work also.

But it seems to work fine (exept guns list in menu).

Alistaire

Rimfire v2.2 and Rimfire v2.2 CR-1.6.9.2 for Alpha 16 bugfixes

A bug was found for the latest version of Rimfire, the updated version is up on all locations and will remove the error you get when starting up with the old version. The default value for the disabled gun list was not set, now it is.

Please redownload your preferred version of Rimfire v2.2

Thanks for the early bug report!
~ Alistaire

asquirrel

Quote from: Alistaire on January 05, 2017, 02:44:36 PM
Rimfire v2.2 and Rimfire v2.2 CR-1.6.9.2 for Alpha 16 bugfixes

A bug was found for the latest version of Rimfire, the updated version is up on all locations and will remove the error you get when starting up with the old version. The default value for the disabled gun list was not set, now it is.

Please redownload your preferred version of Rimfire v2.2

Thanks for the early bug report!
~ Alistaire

Hi Alistaire.  Do I just overwrite the existing mod directory with the new files with the bug fix?  Thanks for the info! :)

Alistaire

Quote from: asquirrel on January 05, 2017, 08:14:14 PM
Hi Alistaire.  Do I just overwrite the existing mod directory with the new files with the bug fix?  Thanks for the info! :)

Yes, any way of updating would work since nothing has been added, just one .DLL (GunModHugsLib.dll) in /Assemblies/ was replaced.

joaonunes

OMG I totally forgot this mod existed O_O

Well, not really... But I seriously thought this mod was the one that added futuristic weaponry (which I avoid like the plague).
And this has CR compatibility!! :D great job! I think you are the first weapons mod to do it (for A16) :P
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Fafn1r

Damn, you made me forgot about RT Weapons and High Caliber. Rimfire is the only gun mod I need now. The only thing it lacks is a flamethrower. Can we have a flamethrower? :D

I noticed that in CR version charge shotgun has only single projectile - I suggest adding for it new ammo type, with pellets.

By the way I sent you a PM. :)

Incendiary Pingu

Quote from: Fafn1r on January 09, 2017, 05:06:28 AM
Damn, you made me forgot about RT Weapons and High Caliber. Rimfire is the only gun mod I need now. The only thing it lacks is a flamethrower. Can we have a flamethrower? :D

I need a flamethrower so much. Imagine the possibilities. That and a taser/stun gun but maybe that's not the same theme as rimfire.

asquirrel

Quote from: Incendiary Pingu on January 10, 2017, 03:56:21 PM

I need a flamethrower so much. Imagine the possibilities. That and a taser/stun gun but maybe that's not the same theme as rimfire.

Download Colonial Marines mod.  They have a flamethrower.  Also Ferals in Rimarsenal have a scorcher (flamethrower). 

BlackGyver

Quote from: asquirrel on January 10, 2017, 04:20:19 PM
Quote from: Incendiary Pingu on January 10, 2017, 03:56:21 PM

Download Colonial Marines mod.  They have a flamethrower.  Also Ferals in Rimarsenal have a scorcher (flamethrower). 

The problem with the colonial marines mod is that the weapons are not always very well balanced, some are outright preposterous, and the art style for the weapons is a bit lacking (unlike Rimfire's).

I browsed the weapon suggestions, and saw the nonlethal option was (is?) considered, but put off with one of the reasons being some mods already filled that niche, however there are currently no standalone mods for A16 that offer an option like that, and downloading the full Glittertech or Combat realism mods just to get one weapon when you don't care about the rest, well, that's not ideal at all, is it?

This is actually really funny, because I just came to this topic to request *exactly* a flamethrower and a stun gun/taser being considered as additions, so I guess I'm thirding those suggestions! I really need both of these in my life, and what better mod to have them in than this one? Great balance consideration, the art style is coherent and really pretty, and weapons can individually be disabled as desired, it's really the ultimate weapon mod!

I've actually put a little thought in how a nonlethal option could be balanced, and I wonder if making these one-use items (like the vanilla launchers) could be a solution, here?

Thanks for the work you've put in, and I wish your mods a long life!

kunyomi

Fafn1r

Teratles

Rimfire weapons have a problem with the new feature from CR. If you limit the munition with the fitting tool. CR try to take more munition and then try to take food an drop the munition. Then you get a loop until you change the fitting.

johnarcie009123

Since this mod is all about weaponry, maybe let's add some apparel? I also think a stationary cannon would be awesome :D

SalmonToastie

Hey guys, just a quick question, how would one change names of guns, for example, changing the ak47's name to perhaps an akm etc? :) :)