[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

JerBear

How can I see a weapon's stats before I spend resources building it?

Canute

Create a bill,
Select details of the bill
Press on the "i" top left corner.

JerBear

That doesn't give the stats of the weapon damage and such though, you seem to have to create the item first then look at it.

Canute

Ops sorry you are right.
Then the only way is, enable develop mode, use the dev. tool to spawn weapon/apparel you are interested into.
Then you the destroy tool to remove it after you inspect it.

If you got time and a passion, you can create a speadsheet and add i to the wiki
http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Rimfire_(mod)

Alistaire

Quote from: carcasshot on November 27, 2017, 06:42:46 AM
hello sorry for my English, but i seems to have a problem with anti materials rifle
here is my logs link:https://gist.github.com/719c5307a96d02a24ea40bfc08be8968
and here is my picture

I can't replicate it, but it might have been because the anti materiel code was written several alphas back. I compiled it again and updated the download locations so it should work. Please download the latest version again.

Quote from: Canute on November 28, 2017, 10:02:51 AM
If you got time and a passion, you can create a speadsheet and add i to the wiki
http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Rimfire_(mod)

If anyone is interested, here is a dropbox link for the spreadsheet I used for balancing guns in v2.4.

It has the same DPS curves you see on RimWorldWiki, though it's just the baselines. The curves for different shooter levels (l) can be calculated by multiplying the baseline values (b) by the shooting accuracy (a) at each level to the power distance between shooter and target (d), e.g l = b * a ^ d.

JerBear

Based on that sheet, am I correct that a hunting rifle is the best bang for the buck when it comes to damage and cooldown taken into account?

SpaceDorf

This is the first time I used Rimfire and I instantly fell in love with your Mod Setup Menu.
Freely Selecting which Weapon is allowed while seeing which mod included it is totally awesome.

How difficult would it be to expand it to every ingame item ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Alistaire

Quote from: SpaceDorf on November 29, 2017, 06:23:54 AM
This is the first time I used Rimfire and I instantly fell in love with your Mod Setup Menu.
Freely Selecting which Weapon is allowed while seeing which mod included it is totally awesome.

How difficult would it be to expand it to every ingame item ?

The most difficult part would be making it such that players can't/won't disable things which would cause massive instabilities.

For example, PawnKindDefs require at least one of their weaponTags to exist on a weapon in the game or else they won't spawn in with a weapon. This means that there must be something keeping track of the amount of each weaponTag currently enabled and give feedback whenever any PawnKindDef is unable to spawn in with any weapon.

I'd expect similar problems to exist for several buildings, pawnkinds, pawns, factions, ..

SpaceDorf

Especially Apparel which is just another worn Item.

But I was only thinking about true Items which are listed in the Stockpile Tree, minus the buildings.

Buildings, Pawnkinds and Factions are another level.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

WereCat88

I got an issue, when i open the gun list from the mod options menu it just shows a blank box and this error appears in the logs (it repeats itself over and over):
Exception filling window for GunMod.Dialog_GunList: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[Char] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at GunMod.WeaponTagCaching.MissingTagString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at GunMod.Dialog_GunList.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

I got like 50 mods on but the only other mods related to weapons are Trap Defence and Remote Explosives

EDIT:
I also got Right Tool for The Job, whose tools are technically considered weapons

EDIT 2:
It works if you dont temper with the gun menu, i find that it breaks really easily, if you disable the wrong things it just breaks and sometimes not even a game restart will fix it,
I am The Primal Mammelon

Alistaire

Quote from: WereCat88 on November 29, 2017, 03:26:55 PM
I got an issue, when i open the gun list from the mod options menu it just shows a blank box and this error appears in the logs (it repeats itself over and over):
Exception filling window for GunMod.Dialog_GunList: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[Char] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at GunMod.WeaponTagCaching.MissingTagString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at GunMod.Dialog_GunList.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

I got like 50 mods on but the only other mods related to weapons are Trap Defence and Remote Explosives

EDIT:
I also got Right Tool for The Job, whose tools are technically considered weapons

EDIT 2:
It works if you dont temper with the gun menu, i find that it breaks really easily, if you disable the wrong things it just breaks and sometimes not even a game restart will fix it,

Thanks for the bug report! It's been fixed, please download the mod again from your preferred download location.

WereCat88

Quote from: Alistaire on November 29, 2017, 06:26:35 PM
Thanks for the bug report! It's been fixed, please download the mod again from your preferred download location.

Wow that was fast, thanks!
I am The Primal Mammelon

DingooS

i would like to see a SCAR-H assault rifle, its possible ?

Nanao-kun

The Heavy AMR can't seem to hit anything. Even with a 100% chance to hit the bullet just passes over the target and does nothing.

asquirrel

Quote from: Nanao-kun on December 02, 2017, 03:16:25 PM
The Heavy AMR can't seem to hit anything. Even with a 100% chance to hit the bullet just passes over the target and does nothing.

I found the same problem with it too.