[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

Alistaire

Alpha 8 - Release 1.1+

Rimfire adds fourty-eight craftable and researchable, carefully balanced weapons to Rimworld along with a means to toggle whether certain weapons will spawn.
Rimfire versions 2.2+ include a HugsLib 2.2.3+ Mod Settings Menu.

Release 1.1+

Rimfire v2.6 on Dropbox:

Release 1.0
[!!!!] Make sure your HugsLib version is at least 6.1.1 [!!!!]

Rimfire v2.5 on Dropbox:

Alpha 8e-Release 1.1+ all versions of the mod: click here or below

User requests

Feel free to suggest features or guns;

Mod Compatibility

For mod authors: Information on how to add GunModMCM (or HugsLib GunMod) compatibility to your gun mod can be found on the wiki.

• A special compatibility version with Combat Realism (A8-13, A15-16) can be downloaded on every download location so far. Alpha 8/9/10/12/13/14/16
  • Combat Extended compatibility patches are handled on CE's end. Alpha 17/18/Release 1.0
  • Between Magic and Tech: Infusion (A10-12, A14+) is natively compatible with Rimfire. Load LT-Infusion after Rimfire. Alpha 10/11/12/14/16/17
  • Rimfire v2.1 comes with a Rimfire 2.1 + Clutter Misc Hands patch for mrofa's Clutter Misc v1.0.3. Alpha 14
  • Rimfire v2.3/2.4 uses xpatching for mrofa's Clutter Misc Hands compatibility. Alpha 17/18

Licenses

The mod is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 under most circumstances..
..unless you're a modpack author and contact me through forum PM about your modpack in which case I will state whether you can use the mod or not..
..or when you're making a compatibility patch for the mod (distribute these on the forums only).

Added 07 09 2015 I don't allow redistributions to come with a donation link.
Added 01 10 2015 Appropriate credit is of the form: "Rimfire [version number (E.g 1.7)] [version coding (E.g UO, CR_SK)] (..) by Alistaire" along with a link to the thread somewhere in there.

Author

Everything in the mod was made or edited by Alistaire.

• Sounds (<v2.0: 32-bit WAV | v2.0+ 16-bit OGG) were taken from several Youtube shooting videos and thoroughly edited in Audacity;
  • Graphics (PNG) were made with Photofiltre Studio;
  • Originally inspired by Guns+ Alpha 8 by Hunter712.

Epyk

Guns, I can't get enough guns!

Nice looking mod.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

SilverDragon

Derringer97

HAHAHA my real name is derringer its nice to see im mod material ;D

Enjoyment

looks pretty (and pretty vanilla), but why the "Vintovka Mosina" is the only gun with relief wood-part?
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

Alistaire

Quote from: Enjoyment on January 23, 2015, 11:05:01 AM
looks pretty (and pretty vanilla), but why the "Vintovka Mosina" is the only gun with relief wood-part?

I used the Guns+ colours for most guns, and took a look at the Lee-Enfield for the Mosin's texture.
Guns+ doesn't have highlights on the wooden parts of its guns, so I didn't add them. I'll add them on the Galil and WA-2000 in the next version - that would look better indeed, thanks for pointing it out.

At every commenter so far: Thanks for checking out my mod! If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them.

I've been playtesting the mod for a while today and I feel some gun sounds might be too loud, especially the Scout and WA-2000. If you would like a lower volume version of the mod, just ask.
Another thing I was thinking about was making a version with guns in the exact vanilla style (without anti-aliasing and transparency). If that's something you're interested in please leave a comment.

Alistaire

Worked on a Combat Realism balanced version. It's up at the second dropbox download button at the moment.

Please note this version REQUIRES Combat Realism to work. Please also note that you will have to deactivate the standard 1.0 version of Rimfire.

Alistaire

Now to update the graphical style to fit Alpha 9! Expect a new version Soon(tm).

Epyk

Quote from: Alistaire on February 18, 2015, 05:04:14 PM
Now to update the graphical style to fit Alpha 9! Expect a new version Soon(tm).

My gun collection thanks you!
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Alistaire

Day 1 after Alpha 9, the gun graphics are close to done.

I'm still working on the XML files, and I'll have to fix some sprites from looking weird in-game.

Day 2 after Alpha 9, cleaning up the graphics and colourswapping them to fit eachother better.

It seems like Rimworld vanilla guns use a 48x48 or 32x32 canvas, from what I've seen in-game. When is the A9 graphics pack there so I can compare? Eugh.

Latta

How beautiful it is with these fancy new graphics!
Are you someone who draw dots professionally?

Alistaire

Quote from: Latta on February 20, 2015, 06:53:30 AM
How beautiful it is with these fancy new graphics!
Are you someone who draw dots professionally?

Yup, that's me - if you want to see more, I've got a DeviantART gallery.

Rathael