Thanks Tynan

Started by litlbear, January 22, 2015, 04:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

litlbear

Adding in alcohol and addictions, added in ability to rescue visitors.  Tynan listens.  You don't see this enough Tynan, but thank you for everything you're doing.
yes

grandad1982

The one I'm pleased about is...
Added command to make trade beacon automatically generate a matching stockpile

Woot!

TheSilencedScream

Sweet!

Aside from how active Tynan is the community, my favorite thing about him is that he maintains a running changelog. Looking forward to more, as always!
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Reolos

Yeah, Thank you, thank you, thank you for the beacon tweak!

Numar

Quote from: grandad1982 on January 22, 2015, 04:28:19 PM

Woot!
Same here. Thought about suggesting it again, but pow, here it is. Beer brewing was a nice surprise as well, though :D

Noobshock

Yeah, it all looks very nice and I can't wait for next Alpha.

PhenomTaker

Yay! Hope that the next alpha will be out soon :)

evrett33

hops growing on an alien planet? with alien yeast? hmm grumble grumble..cant rimworld have something in its own flora that has a similar effect on humans?

Mikhail Reign

Part of the lore is that the planets really didnt have their own flora/fauna - there is no alien life. All the life we encounter was from terraform planets.

BassMonroe

The good thing with Tynan is there is never any long periods of silence.

The changelog receives daily updates and he interacts with people on the forums.

If anybody played Town's you will know that the dev on that game disappeared for 4 months to then announce that he couldn't be bothered anymore. Also i've never seen a web forum quite like this one to be honest, everybody gets on well :)

Noobshock

That's because this genre, if you can call it that yet, doesn't really attract "toxic" demographics. At least not at this point. Most people around here are genuinely happy to see an attempt at making a DF-like story generator available to a larger audience so it hopefully gets the attention it deserves as its own genre, when some are outright passionate about it, in a usually very positive way. It's complex enough in its ambition and management / sim gameplay that full-blown idiots wouldn't even be attracted to it. It's so far a singleplayer game and will probably remain so, so the only "competitive" antics are derived from people's attempts at minmaxing. And finally, to really appreciate all that a "story generator" has to offer, you have to have kind of a soft side, a capacity for childlike imagination and wonderment (which is really not a bad thing, btw). Oftentimes DF has been said to be more of a "toy" than a "game", and while I'd say it's definitely a game, there's some truth to that statement.

Overall it's one of the most "mature" communities I've ever seen where an actual game is concerned, let's just hope it stays that way as long as possible :)

Endoric

Quote from: BassMonroe on January 23, 2015, 04:37:58 AM
The good thing with Tynan is there is never any long periods of silence.

The changelog receives daily updates and he interacts with people on the forums.

If anybody played Town's you will know that the dev on that game disappeared for 4 months to then announce that he couldn't be bothered anymore. Also i've never seen a web forum quite like this one to be honest, everybody gets on well :)

That game Towns.. Gah.  Disaster.

Falcon_the_Slut

Tasty

Yes, Tynan is the greatest. I've never seen such an active developer who's close with the community and actually provides good feedback. The changelog he writes is amazing for keeping up with what's going on behind the scenes. I really appreciate it all. Good to see there's some indie developers that truly care about their game and community.

Teovald

Quote from: Numar on January 22, 2015, 05:36:09 PM
Quote from: grandad1982 on January 22, 2015, 04:28:19 PM

Woot!
Same here. Thought about suggesting it again, but pow, here it is. Beer brewing was a nice surprise as well, though :D
I hope that this system is a placeholder though, having to move goods from a stockpile to another in order to sell them is clunky and cumbersome.