Thanks Tynan

Started by litlbear, January 22, 2015, 04:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Dr. Z

I would like to quote every post in this thraed and agree to them, but that would be too long, so I will just say that I agree to them.

I agree to them.
Prasie the Squirrel!

grandad1982

Quote from: Teovald on January 23, 2015, 01:02:25 PM
Quote from: Numar on January 22, 2015, 05:36:09 PM
Quote from: grandad1982 on January 22, 2015, 04:28:19 PM
The one I'm pleased about is...
Added command to make trade beacon automatically generate a matching stockpile

Woot!
Same here. Thought about suggesting it again, but pow, here it is. Beer brewing was a nice surprise as well, though :D
I hope that this system is a placeholder though, having to move goods from a stockpile to another in order to sell them is clunky and cumbersome.

I sort of agree. I don't mind a dedicated stockpile but as I put in another thread somewhere I'd like the option to tag objects and stacks as trade goods and have them automatically taken to the trade stockpile as a haul job (needs a goods hauling priority liust to work well).

milon

Quote from: Dr. Z on January 23, 2015, 02:43:55 PM
I would like to quote every post in this thraed and agree to them, but that would be too long, so I will just say that I agree to them.

I agree to them.

+1!

Mihsan

I saw so much awesome stuff in changelog in this month. Thanks, Tynan!
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

longbyte1

* longbyte1 adds a tally to the number of "thank you" threads

Mythrell

I'll sign this, thank you for this wonderful game.  :)

Teovald

Quote from: grandad1982 on January 23, 2015, 06:01:25 PM
Quote from: Teovald on January 23, 2015, 01:02:25 PM
Quote from: Numar on January 22, 2015, 05:36:09 PM
Quote from: grandad1982 on January 22, 2015, 04:28:19 PM
The one I'm pleased about is...
Added command to make trade beacon automatically generate a matching stockpile

Woot!
Same here. Thought about suggesting it again, but pow, here it is. Beer brewing was a nice surprise as well, though :D
I hope that this system is a placeholder though, having to move goods from a stockpile to another in order to sell them is clunky and cumbersome.

I sort of agree. I don't mind a dedicated stockpile but as I put in another thread somewhere I'd like the option to tag objects and stacks as trade goods and have them automatically taken to the trade stockpile as a haul job (needs a goods hauling priority liust to work well).

That would help, but IMO that would only be a band aid. 
Why do we have to move goods to a specific stockpile in order to sell them ?  Is that what I want to do ? Not really, I want to trade an item (either to get some shiny silver or in exchange for another one). 
Right now, I have to jump through some pretty convoluted indirect hoops in order to do that. Ok, games don't have to implement the shortest UX path (one click = win would after all be pretty boring), but in this case I don't see how the current system is fun, it is just cumbersome.
I can guess that it is a difficult thing to implement and that right now this beacon system is the best placeholder Tynan could come up with (or at least I hope it is a placeholder). Especially since trade vessels don't make too much sense on a Rimworld. I suspect that Tynan would like/will introduce trade caravans later on, that would be grand ! 

Lord Fappington

a big thanks Tynan and much admiration.

Especially since trade vessels don't make too much sense on a Rimworld. I suspect that Tynan would like/will introduce trade caravans later on, that would be grand !

Rant aside, I have sympathies for this part and don't play with the comms console.  If I can trade with a spaceship, why can't they haul me off the RimWorld?

Luckily Haplo has made a sexy trade caravan mod! :)

FridayBiology

agreed Tynan is awesome though surely he needs a holiday or a day off?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Invic

As I just picked this up last week, I have to say great work by all working on it. 

Can't wait for more and more depth ect.  Wish I could help make stuff but my coding days are long gone lol.

Love the change log and thanks for destroying last weekends productivity lol