Best Rifle?

Started by SimpletonSnowman, November 10, 2013, 12:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

I've tried the "urban" close range fighting, but most of the time raiders will stay just outside and light the walls on fire / piss on all over my day without coming close enough to get shot. Gets kind of annoying actually.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

SimpletonSnowman

lol all i wanted to know was what people thought was the most effective rifle, not unleash an avalanche of insults and flamewars over something unrelated

Merry76

Quote from: SimpletonSnowman on November 11, 2013, 05:38:30 PM
lol all i wanted to know was what people thought was the most effective rifle, not unleash an avalanche of insults and flamewars over something unrelated

Welcome to the internet then, you must be new here  ;)

On a more serious note, the flaming and stuff really does not have to be like it happened here - it serves little purpose.

The general consensus seems to be pulse rifle, with some M24 for long range and counter sniping. IMO, the M24 is a horrible weapon if your colonists do not have the skill - they make little use of the great range (their accuracy drops off like mad with 6 or so skill), and almost never hit if they are below 8ish skills. If they go to 11+, they kill stuff dead with ease.

The game is a bit off with the raiders. I had two games where raiders almost never bring uzi's and shotguns - and if they do much later than lee-enfields and even M16/M24. When you have a M16, you laugh about the uzi.