[Mod Request] Mountain Roof Removal

Started by Khaosius789, January 24, 2015, 10:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khaosius789

Good morning!

Again, no idea what I'm doing. =/

So I've encountered this in mod games, and currently use the Roof Support mod to circumvent it, but it still annoys me. I like to remove sections of mountain entirely, however when I do that, the roof will collapse. And then there's this random pile of rocks... that's an eye sore and the enemy uses for cover.

I'd like some way to remove that roof entirely.

I've already tried using no roof zones, turning it into an interior and removing the roof and then deconstructing the walls, etc etc.

want_some

its a mountain, why not keep the the roof? raiders cant (or shouldn't) crash land inside mountain areas. by removing them for reg roof, then raiders can  crash land there.

Learning to mod while also updating TTM Mod!
Full credit goes to Minami26

Khaosius789

Quote from: want_some on January 24, 2015, 04:52:17 PM
its a mountain, why not keep the the roof? raiders cant (or shouldn't) crash land inside mountain areas. by removing them for reg roof, then raiders can  crash land there.

A.) Because I want to?
B.) Because there's NOTHING AROUND IT
C.) To create a clear landscape
D.) To remove cover for raiders
E.) To promote uniform zones
F.) To promote changability of the landscape

ITOS

It's a quick edit to the vanilla RoofDefs.

[attachment deleted due to age]

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: want_some on January 24, 2015, 04:52:17 PM

A whole in a mountain can serve various purposes. For one, it'd allow resources to be dropped inside the base, it'd allow stargazing and similar stuff without the need for your colonists to run all the way out, with other mods it'd allow crops growing inside a mountain, possibly there are many more reasons why one would want to remove roofs.
Mine? I have about a 10x10something region of thick rock roof in the middle of my base and I want it gone.

Adamiks

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Adamiks on May 25, 2015, 06:00:58 AM
Shaped charges/OmniFloors.

The research shows up, the item does not, sadly.