Difficulty setting room temperature (something im missing?)

Started by Captain Crash, January 25, 2015, 01:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Crash

Hey folks

Hope you can spot what Im doing wrong here because I'm a bit stuck. I have a refrigerated room for my yummy potatoes and a frozen room for my meat supply. While the frozen room keeps at a steady -10° my refrigerated room as shown in the screenshot below will not decrease in temperature. It stays at about 20° no matter what temperature I set it at. The corridor next door is a bit warm (near 28° so the temperature is cooler, but way short of where I would like it). I've suffered no power losses to cause a temperaure increase either.

Any ideas??   Thanks!

milon

Build another cooler.  The one for the freezer is dumping heat into your refrigerated room, which is more than 1 cooler alone can handle.

Scotty

The heat from the frozen room is being pumped in to the potatos. Your best bet is to just freeze all your food as it does not need defrosting.
Look at the cooler, you see a red arrow and a blue arrow :)

Captain Crash

Thanks guys, knew there was an easy answer but couldn't figure it out. Second cooler worked like a charm. 

Viajo

Seems the problem is your coolers output is dumping into the adjacent room. You should have it pushing into an outside area. Cool air goes in and the heat is dispersed out. Other than that if you still have temperature drop in your freezer use a short hallway (door, single space, door) as your exit from it. The buffer space will help normalize the freezer to stay constant.

shade88

Quote from: Captain Crash on January 25, 2015, 01:47:45 PM
Thanks guys, knew there was an easy answer but couldn't figure it out. Second cooler worked like a charm.
I had this long explanation written out, but you replied as I was typing it. So now all you get is this puppy. ;D

Seriously though, glad your problem's solved. I will point out though that simply adding another cooler wastes energy. Try instead expanding the hallway, and moving the cooler pointing into the freezer so it borders the hallway like the one for your refrigeration room does. That way you don't need to waste energy on a third cooler when only two are needed.