Trade Ships missing

Started by Jan2607, January 24, 2015, 05:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan2607

I've the problem that after a few hours (ca. 100 or more ingame days) no more tradeships are passing me.
Neither slave traders nor weapons traders are coming.
The first ~ 100 days I saw a lot of them but now I can't sell my stuff :(
Only a lot of (useless) visitors coming to my base...

Do you have the same problem and what can I do?

TheSilencedScream

Slave traders have an incredibly small chance of coming and, if I remember correctly, once you hit a certain number of colonists, they'll quit coming (as, Random Randy is the only difficulty that allows unlimited colonists).

There's one mod (I apologize, I'm blanking on the name, but I believe it's in Epyk's mod pack) that allows you to turn SOME visitors into traders, though they typically only carry bulk goods or clothing.

If you're not set to Randy, I'd recommend going into settings and changing to it - that may help. If you are set to Randy, it is, of course, random, unfortunately.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

rrooster

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on January 24, 2015, 05:49:45 PM

There's one mod (I apologize, I'm blanking on the name, but I believe it's in Epyk's mod pack) that allows you to turn SOME visitors into traders, though they typically only carry bulk goods or clothing.

I believe the mod is Misc by Haplo https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612

Jan2607

Thank you for your answer, I'll try it :)

BoogieMan

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on January 24, 2015, 05:49:45 PM
Slave traders have an incredibly small chance of coming and, if I remember correctly, once you hit a certain number of colonists, they'll quit coming (as, Random Randy is the only difficulty that allows unlimited colonists).

If you're not set to Randy, I'd recommend going into settings and changing to it - that may help. If you are set to Randy, it is, of course, random, unfortunately.

That explains why I've not seen one in a very long time.

Be nice if they would still show up, just not be selling anyone.. But still able to buy.

pdxsean

I've run into the same issue late game - no trade ships will show up at all, despite my being loaded with cash and eager to buy all the bionics they have to offer. So in my last game, I had about 90000 silver and I decided to de-zone my silver collection. Suddenly I only "had" 9000 silver and the trade ships started coming again. 

So I think once you hit a certain amount of silver they just stop. It feels kind of dirty to work the system with deleting storage areas, but at the same time I just want to spend the money I've earned, don't stop offering me items for sale because I'm too rich.

Bodog999

Same for me Im on randy 160% challange and every now and then trade ships come by. But due to it being so damn rare in late game I downloaded the clutter mod which gives me a communication relay. And that thing has a chance of calling trade ships only downside is, is that they can also call raiders or the signal "bounces" off the atmosphere and makes a lot of animals go mad, oh and they draw about 11K-12K W of power when fully charged. So yeah, helpfull but not that efficient.

DDog

Quote from: Bodog999 on January 25, 2015, 09:42:03 AM
.I downloaded the clutter mod which gives me a communication relay. And that thing has a chance of calling trade ships only downside is, is that they can also call raiders or the signal "bounces" off the atmosphere and makes a lot of animals go mad, oh and they draw about 11K-12K W of power when fully charged. So yeah, helpfull but not that efficient.

hmm..  I have clutter and I don't see that relay...  where is it.. I see the threat indicator under "misc"