[B18] Giants Race V1.0: A race of giants (Updated 4/13/18)

Started by KWPAllDay, March 30, 2018, 12:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingProblem

Nice.

Hope my mod isnt confusing to reference... LOL~

(i made the Apes mod)

Distman

KWPAllDay

Quote from: Walking Problem on April 03, 2018, 11:24:28 AM
Nice.

Hope my mod isnt confusing to reference... LOL~

(i made the Apes mod)

Thanks lol. I used the guidelines for the most part, but making the factions is where It got a tad confusing because I thought there was some special tricks I had to do. No tricks though. Love your mods by the way :)

KWPAllDay

Quote from: SansMasterBudaa :3 on April 03, 2018, 03:12:33 AM

Literally i have 87 mod at same time running in my rimworld, so thats the problem  :(

Yeah that's probably it lol

Quote from: Distman on April 03, 2018, 01:04:44 PM
Steam release please! Seems interesting... <3

You know you can install non-steam mods right?

Distman

Yeah, of course. But, I like how steam mods auto-update. :D

Quote from: KWPAllDay on April 03, 2018, 02:41:58 PM
Quote from: SansMasterBudaa :3 on April 03, 2018, 03:12:33 AM

Literally i have 87 mod at same time running in my rimworld, so thats the problem  :(

Yeah that's probably it lol

Quote from: Distman on April 03, 2018, 01:04:44 PM
Steam release please! Seems interesting... <3

You know you can install non-steam mods right?

KWPAllDay

Quote from: Distman on April 03, 2018, 03:02:02 PM
Yeah, of course. But, I like how steam mods auto-update. :D

Well I'm going to upload it one of these days lol.

ptx

Body size should be bigger, Filthy Orcs mod also uses the same body size 1.3
Butchered giant leather/hide should get its own sharp & blunt armor definition.
More armor for giant, otherwise CE machine guns would just cut them to pieces.
Faster mining speed due to their strength.
Faster wood cutting, but lower farming speed, the plants are smaller and easily stomped by giant feet.

KWPAllDay

Quote from: ptx on April 16, 2018, 10:00:07 PM
Faster wood cutting, but lower farming speed, the plants are smaller and easily stomped by giant feet.

Thanks for the ideas! I will definitely be adding some of this stuff. I already plan to add more armor, but my lack of ideas and texturing experience is limiting me. If you have any ideas of what type of armor I could add, that would be fantastic. In the meantime, I'm gonna try and work on this stuff :)

ptx

Quote from: KWPAllDay on April 18, 2018, 03:19:11 PM

Thanks for the ideas! I will definitely be adding some of this stuff. I already plan to add more armor, but my lack of ideas and texturing experience is limiting me. If you have any ideas of what type of armor I could add, that would be fantastic. In the meantime, I'm gonna try and work on this stuff :)

Anything really, space marines from Warhammer 40k are giant human. Zentradi from Macross is even bigger giant. Jack the Giant Slayer movie 2013 has giants and their armor.

Their great strength should enable them to wear thicker armor that human sized armor.
Their strength would also enable them to carry heavy guns, medieval cannons or autocannon.
Basically a walking tank.

Just give them shields, a tower shield if they are somewhat smart. Several wood log tied together as a shield if they are dumb.

CE already has melee & balistic shield for melee oriented pawn, a giant shield would only need to change several values. Once they are in melee range, then almost nothing would beat this race, except those really large prehistoric creatures. :D

KWPAllDay

Quote from: ptx on April 19, 2018, 10:15:21 AM
Quote from: KWPAllDay on April 18, 2018, 03:19:11 PM

Anything really, space marines from Warhammer 40k are giant human. Zentradi from Macross is even bigger giant. Jack the Giant Slayer movie 2013 has giants and their armor.

Their great strength should enable them to wear thicker armor that human sized armor.
Their strength would also enable them to carry heavy guns, medieval cannons or autocannon.
Basically a walking tank.

Just give them shields, a tower shield if they are somewhat smart. Several wood log tied together as a shield if they are dumb.

CE already has melee & balistic shield for melee oriented pawn, a giant shield would only need to change several values. Once they are in melee range, then almost nothing would beat this race, except those really large prehistoric creatures. :D

Currently Finished a few adjustments for the giants. Also working on textures for more armor, I got the inspiration from Jack the giant slayer. Got one piece done so far and I am gonna try to make at least two different armors and helmets.

By a shield you mean like the energy shield things? or like a shield that is an actual weapon and can bash enemies? I wonder if I could make a shield that can bash enemies, but also protects the user ???.

ptx

just ordinary hand shield, a buckler, and a tower shield like used by the roman legion. You could use any kind of shield shape. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shield
A shield that can bash enemies? That would be nice, can an apparel also double as a weapon though...

KWPAllDay

Quote from: ptx on April 20, 2018, 07:07:31 PM
just ordinary hand shield, a buckler, and a tower shield like used by the roman legion. You could use any kind of shield shape. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shield
A shield that can bash enemies? That would be nice, can an apparel also double as a weapon though...

Mhmm. That would be pretty awesome, I'll have to look into making something like that.

Modraneth