[B18] VeinMiner [] Mine all the veins! []kaptain_kavern & Gentz & JuliaEllie

Started by JuliaEllie, January 25, 2015, 07:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaballah

hopeseekr

Undreamed

Quote from: Kruisboog on August 24, 2015, 12:35:05 PM
Has anyone tried this on A12?
it works, but with many debug informations that i didnt read :) but it works :)

Florius

TheGentlmen

Enjoyment

Hi, I have one little thought for you Jull. The veinminer tool could make a big trouble despite of its usefullness. Im talking bout the moment when ore vein lays between two non-mountain areas. In this situation I see a single node of ore, dig it with vm and ''hello, new passage to my base!"" It is not so critical, since Tynan implemented sapers, but still could add some troubles. So my sugesstion is to add 'check for non-mountain tiles next to ore, and if it fails, then don't designate that tile for mining.
Hope my idea was clear enough, though I don't think so ;)
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Enjoyment on November 07, 2015, 06:10:59 AM
Hi, I have one little thought for you Jull. The veinminer tool could make a big trouble despite of its usefullness. Im talking bout the moment when ore vein lays between two non-mountain areas. In this situation I see a single node of ore, dig it with vm and ''hello, new passage to my base!"" It is not so critical, since Tynan implemented sapers, but still could add some troubles. So my sugesstion is to add 'check for non-mountain tiles next to ore, and if it fails, then don't designate that tile for mining.
Hope my idea was clear enough, though I don't think so ;)
I don't understand. What with new passages?

You should know where your mnining before you mine.

Enjoyment

Oh, but there is a fog of war in the game, you know? ) And sometimes 'a big mountain' is not really a mountiaqn' but a narrow cliff between two areas, and if that second covered with fog area is not enclosed cavern but leads to map's edge, then - 'hello new passage'.
Don't sure, did I makde it more clearly or more stupid - should really just post apicture. Will do so when I get to my pc.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Enjoyment on November 08, 2015, 03:52:15 AM
Oh, but there is a fog of war in the game, you know? ) And sometimes 'a big mountain' is not really a mountiaqn' but a narrow cliff between two areas, and if that second covered with fog area is not enclosed cavern but leads to map's edge, then - 'hello new passage'.
Don't sure, did I makde it more clearly or more stupid - should really just post apicture. Will do so when I get to my pc.

Raids can still spawn their, ya know. It might be beneficial. Anyways, you and your colonists don't know if its a mountain back thier, or an empty area. I like it as is... its very beneficial to know you have an undefended flank which they could spawn in and kill you fom.

Enjoyment

When there is an open tile covered with fog next to ore/mountain tile, you can see it... and may decide, dig it or not..

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Enjoyment on November 09, 2015, 07:10:09 AM
When there is an open tile covered with fog next to ore/mountain tile, you can see it... and may decide, dig it or not..

The fact you can see their is an open space too it means that their is already a path too it. End of story is that you should pay more attention where ya minning.

ORCACommander

Don't know if it has been asked for yet but could this mod also change the mechanics for ceiling collapse? its bit annoying to have collapses when designating a beacon room. just need to edit it by 1 or two more tiles i think

harpo99999

the beacon does NOT need to have all the space mined out, I use in a12 a 10x6 matrix for wall sections ie every 10 squares in one direction,i place 1 wall per every six squares, and place the beacons so that they cover the entire HUGE storeroom(I have one beacon outside, and at last count in the general stock room over thirty beacons without issue in my underground base and the store room is over 10% of the map