[B18] VeinMiner [] Mine all the veins! []kaptain_kavern & Gentz & JuliaEllie

Started by JuliaEllie, January 25, 2015, 07:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverDragon

Quote from: MisterLock on January 25, 2015, 05:28:10 PM
Isn't this a little cheaty though?

It's a mod though, completely 100% optional, if you feel its cheaty then all you need to do is not use it! ;D

Shinzy

not really =P it's more like telling your people to exhaust a vein they've found
sure you get some bit of information you shouldn't be able to get but

now if Jellie could somehow make the to be mined bits that are in the 'fog of war' not visible it'd be really cool
but it might not be worth the time to make it work? ;D

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Shinzy on January 25, 2015, 05:38:11 PM

not really =P it's more like telling your people to exhaust a vein they've found
sure you get some bit of information you shouldn't be able to get but

now if Jellie could somehow make the to be mined bits that are in the 'fog of war' not visible it'd be really cool
but it might not be worth the time to make it work? ;D

The VeinMiner only works on ore blocks you already discovered - so its not really cheating as its only a matter of time until you assigned all the blocks of your vein.

And thank you very much to everyone giving so much support to me. It means a lot and I love that you guyss like what I love doing <3

LittleMikey

Vonholtz

This is one of those mod's i read it and just thought wow why was this not in the game already. Simple and out of the blue and realy a good idea. Nice one.

ODonnell

I was promoting this all day in my evening stream. Must have mod. Well done Julia!

Igabod

I'm going to go ahead and throw my vote in for this to be included in the vanilla game too. Tynan should really hire JuliaEllie to help him with some of the work load.

JuliaEllie

Thank you very much guys :) Good to see that you guys like what Im doing. Yes I heard that a few times Igabod but thats not gonna happen :D

Arctic Wolf

Could we get this on a hotkey, aka hold down shift while clicking to do the whole vein?

ManWithNoName

Quote from: Arctic Wolf on February 03, 2015, 08:47:24 PM
Could we get this on a hotkey, aka hold down shift while clicking to do the whole vein?

Its does the whole vain.

JuliaEllie

I think arctic wolf means a hotkey that you dont have to click the VeinMiner in the Orders tab. I might do that on he next update for A9.

ManWithNoName

Aaah i see, yes i admit it seem's like i use Shift Q and Shift E alot thanks for that lol

Jacksidious

This is a great mod.  Using this with the Mk.III Mobile Mineral Sonar keeps my colonies in stock of the various ores.  It's a pity it doesn't work with my own uranium veins though.  Oh, well.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind, but I made a patch for Vein Miner and Haul Priority.  You can find it here.  I include no resources from either mod, it's just a simple menu patch.  :)
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.