[B18] VeinMiner [] Mine all the veins! []kaptain_kavern & Gentz & JuliaEllie

Started by JuliaEllie, January 25, 2015, 07:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Neocryptorian on April 26, 2015, 05:22:18 PM
Quote from: JuliaEllie on April 24, 2015, 06:16:51 PM
Sorry guys but it only works on vanilla ores because there wasnt a proper way for me to distinguish them from normal rocks other than the DefName. I will have a good look at the ThingDefs again and see if I can find something new.

Hi JuliaEllie and everyone!

I have found a *.dll way that works so far for alpha 10f to add extra mod compatibility support with VeinMiner,
by adding a small addition to your 'isOre' call to check for active mods and add appropriate ores accordingly.

Are you interested in a helping hand?  ???

Thank you but I think I have found a solution I just dont have the time to implement it right now. I might during the next week.

Neocryptorian

Ok, I have one solution up and running with expanded mining. But will keep that one private in respect to you of course, and curiously wait and see if we managed to solve the issue in the same way.  ;D

If you get any issues thou I am still lending a helping hand,
dear regards a Code Enthusiast  ;)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/

If you treat people right they will treat you right... ninety percent of the time.
~Franklin D. Roosevel

JuliaEllie

UPDATE!!

Should now work with ANY ore that has a proper ThingDef.

@Necrocryptorian Id love to see your solution :)

#ShamelessBump

Neocryptorian

Quote from: JuliaEllie on April 27, 2015, 11:38:17 AM
UPDATE!!

Should now work with ANY ore that has a proper ThingDef.

@Necrocryptorian Id love to see your solution :)

#ShamelessBump

Shameless? I'm still learning and personally I was wondering how to make my "patch" more dynamic/smarter to detect ores.
I am really impressed by your for me perfect solution. You are a Genius!  ;D
(I looked at your new code and very effective solution  :) )

My method was way dumber and purely based on if the "Mod" in question exist and is activated.

public bool isOre(ThingDef def)
{
System.Collections.Generic.List<ThingDef> list = new System.Collections.Generic.List<ThingDef>
{
DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("MineablePlasteel", true),
DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("MineableUranium", true),
DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("MineableGold", true),
DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("MineableSilver", true),
DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("MineableSteel", true)
};
                        //My addition for the mod below just for a first try.
if (ModsConfig.IsActive("Expanded Mining"))
{
System.Collections.Generic.List<ThingDef> collection = new System.Collections.Generic.List<ThingDef>
{
DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("MineableIron", true),
DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("MineableCopper", true),
DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("MineableAluminium", true),
DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("MineableTitanium", true),
DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("MineableRiminium", true),
DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("MineableCoal", true),
DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("MineableDiamond", true),
DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("MineableTin", true)
};
                                //Append to current list
list.AddRange(collection);
}
return list.Contains(def);
}

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/

If you treat people right they will treat you right... ninety percent of the time.
~Franklin D. Roosevel

stranger080

Woot! Thank you for making this update! Been wanting that for some time!

JuliaEllie

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS FRIENDS! New Update for the VeinMiner - NOW WITH MINING BRUSHES!! YAY!! I might make more shaped brushes if we want or need them.

Kaballah

Brilliant, that is super useful.  Not that you can't do everything with just dragging boxes but a brush is really cool for painting irregular tunnels and stuff, nice addition.

Ienkoron

If there's someone likely to over react, that's likely to be me :P

L.Max

Quote from: JuliaEllie on May 02, 2015, 10:18:39 AM
SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS FRIENDS! New Update for the VeinMiner - NOW WITH MINING BRUSHES!! YAY!! I might make more shaped brushes if we want or need them.

the shaped brushes are a great idea :)

but for the trade beacon i normally just mine a square 17x17 with a column next to the center for roof support

i would find it more useful in the search of geysers and ores to apply the following annexed patterns, for example ;) (mine every third line which allows to see the composition of the two lines in the middle with minimum mining i think. the perpendicular line in the middle is for easy passage in that direction)

[attachment deleted due to age]

skyarkhangel

Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 25, 2015, 07:03:30 AM

JuliaEllie, i love you, but please make for all your mods ability to translate into another language. Thank you  ;)

Scelous

This mod is a huge quality-of-life upgrade.  It helps get rid of the tedium of selecting individual blocks as they appear and makes RimWorld that much better.  Many thanks, Julia, for this mod.

JuliaEllie

strip miner update!!

Unfortunately the max width and height are limited by the Designator

thanks L.Max for the suggestion

cuproPanda

Quote from: JuliaEllie on May 09, 2015, 11:18:38 AM

strip miner update!!

Unfortunately the max width and height are limited by the Designator

thanks L.Max for the suggestion

Does the strip miner automatically vein mine any ores it comes across? That would be very useful :)
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

JuliaEllie

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 09, 2015, 12:57:25 PM

Does the strip miner automatically vein mine any ores it comes across? That would be very useful :)

It would be pretty useful but also cheaty - so nope it doesnt do that :D

PurePandemonium

Just started playing with mods today, and I love this one! The strip miner is great, but I have one minor issue with it.

I found that I can't seem to resize the horizontal strips. The helptext says to use 8, 4 5 and 6 on the numpad to resize. 4 and 5 work great for moving the vertical lines about, and 8 correctly widens the horizontal lines, but 5 doesn't seem to do anything. (I tried the 2 key as well, since it might be logical. Alas, no such luck.) Any chance this could be fixed? Thanks!