[B18] VeinMiner [] Mine all the veins! []kaptain_kavern & Gentz & JuliaEllie

Started by JuliaEllie, January 25, 2015, 07:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Always delete the old completely first.  True of every mod and every game.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

hwfanatic

The fix only removes the errors, but doesn't actually fix the graphics, did I understand this correctly? At least on my system.

jackarbiter

Quote from: hwfanatic on June 01, 2016, 09:53:34 AM
The fix only removes the errors, but doesn't actually fix the graphics, did I understand this correctly? At least on my system.

It doesn't replace the mine icons with the veinminer icons, because somehow the fundamental nature of the way graphics are called by every other mod fails in this instance. It wasn't some lazy error on the mod author's part. There are still mining icons, they just don't have, say, a red V background behind the picture of the mine pick.

I wasted an hour trying to figure out what the hell was wrong and asked a few other people on Slack for a sanity check (they claimed I was not insane; not sure myself), but ultimately I gave it up. I can call base rimworld graphics, which is what I did to fix the mine brush (that and it had a weird altitude layer that caused it to not render when zoomed in, which I addressed), but third-party resources wouldn't pull. Tried every way to form the string, images in every folder, different images in the normal folder, images from other mods, etc.

Maybe some issue with trying to use two assemblies?

Anyway, my main goal was just not to get the damn warnings every time I started since I'm testing other things and I had to scroll the box just to be sure each time, and I figured I'd share the "fix."
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

Ventrue

Hello, I've been using this mod as part of Crusader's mod mega pack and there's an error everytime I click on a vein with veinminer. The error doesn't seem to affect any functionality.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at VeinMiner.Designator_VeinMiner.isOre (Verse.ThingDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VeinMiner.Designator_VeinMiner.DesignateSingleCell (IntVec3 loc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DesignatorManager.ProcessInputEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.UIRoot_Map.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Root.RootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Sigan

I'm here to report that I've also seen this error.  Same modpack, downloaded from that link, which links to the VeinMiner Fix page of this post.  I'm going to do some testing to see if the problem is with the original VeinMiner in the first post, or if the problem is within the fix.  I'm also going to check and see why that error comes up under the error:

30  Oject.reference not set to an instance of an object
1  PawnPathPool leak: more paths than spawned pawns.  Force-recovering.

In my game, it leads to pawns standing around attempting to pick things up for one tick every million or so and, for whatever reason, failing that.  They then stand there - seemingly stunned - only to do so again shortly after.

I'm able to draft them and move them, or prioritize a specific thing only to have them complete one action toward it before going back to doing whatever it is they're trying to do.

I'll look into it and get back.

Sh4d0w225

I was wondering if you could possibly change so the mine brush and that-a-like is optional?

gslarmour

josmow

just loaded the a13 version up in a14. the vein miner tool seems to work and doesn't insta crash (which was what i was expecting) so it might be compatible, or at least close enough for now
Science might be an annoying b***h, but Magic is her slutty, drug-addicted cousin. Who enjoys screwing with your head.

^ warning! may contain ponies!

Delmain

Same, I had to add a <targetVersion>0.14.1230</targetVersion> to the About.xml to get it to load at all, but once it did, I didn't have any problems.

The only component I've used was the Vein Miner, but I've used it a lot and it hasn't crashed yet.

Huntakilla

123nick

kaptain_kavern

livethyself

please update the 14A version of vein miner~It's such a simple idea but so useful in the game~I wonder why the studio won't just put this idea into the game~

kaptain_kavern