[B18] VeinMiner [] Mine all the veins! []kaptain_kavern & Gentz & JuliaEllie

Started by JuliaEllie, January 25, 2015, 07:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onebit

I don't have a numeric keypad. Is there any way to remap the keys?

As a workaround I used the Windows virtual keyboard, which is a bit clunky.

kaptain_kavern

Hi there,
Here I tried to explain how to manually (by writing in the files directly) change keybindings on Reddit.

Tell me if you need more help, no problems

Rock5

Is there any chance that the veinminer disignator could appear when you click a vein? It's a pain having to open the Orders tab to look for the VeinMiner designator amongst all the other designators.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

Update by Rock5

I've been tinkering with dlls and managed to make some fixes for VeinMiner that I thought others might appreciate. Do with it what you will.

• 1. Fixed the Mine Brush to start with the Trade Beacon diameter. (The method used to get the trade beacon size wasn't working so I just hard coded the size).
  • 2. We also need to dig out SunLamp areas. So now if you click the Mine Brush twice it changes to the SunLamp size.
  • 3. It always annoyed me that if a vein is found and the only visible mineable blocks were already designated then you couldn't use the VeinMiner on it unless you first clear it. Now it will mark the whole vein even when it's already marked.
  • 4. It frustrated me that when using the strip miner, that the different spacing didn't line up. Now they do. You can, for instance, start with 12 spaces then later slice that into 6 spaces then down to 3. Although now it starts with 3 spaces instead of 4 and doesn't reduce below the minimum spacing (to avoid a divide by zero error).
I only made changes to the dll but I'm uploading the whole thing for convenience.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Daguest

Hey, I saw your mod on the Steam Workshop, presumably uploaded without your consent. While you are credited, and this topic is linked in the description, the user also used your avatar for "main" picture.
You might want to check out :
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=761234217

ZackIsTheDevil

i can't use this mod because its converting to a VLC it makes my wanna cry

Rock5

Quote from: ZackIsTheDevil on November 22, 2016, 12:11:37 AM
i can't use this mod because its converting to a VLC it makes my wanna cry
VLC is a media player right? What does that have to do with a rimworld mod?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Alenerel

Why the strip miner is 3 tile wide and not 2? Wont the small veins in the middle left undiscovered?

Rock5

It just turned out as 3. Somewhere in the code it jumps 3 for every 1 step. I couldn't find the source of that. But anyway, 3 is fine considering the smallest vein is probably 2x2. You wont miss a vein if it's 3 tile stripes.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Hatti

Rock5

Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

Ok. Figured it out. Did a search for A16 news in the last 24 hours. Looks like A16 unstable has been released. What excitement!

https://ludeon.com/blog/2016/12/alpha-16-on-public-unstable-branch/
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

SmartererThanYou

Quote from: Rock5 on December 13, 2016, 01:14:11 AM
Ok. Figured it out. Did a search for A16 news in the last 24 hours. Looks like A16 unstable has been released. What excitement!

https://ludeon.com/blog/2016/12/alpha-16-on-public-unstable-branch/

I was confused aswell

rshingleton

----------------------
Right.....