Medicine shouldn't be used on bruises or bionic extraction form corpses.

Started by BoogieMan, January 25, 2015, 12:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoogieMan

Bruises, because, well they're just bruises.

And a corpse doesn't care if your yanking it's bionic leg off. So you shouldn't need the meds for healing/anesthetic.

And in general, it would be nice if herbal meds would be used by sufficiently skilled doctors for less serious injuries instead of medical kits for conservation purposes.

Thanks!

NeuroticMelancholia

+1

And along that same line of reasoning, sufficiently unskilled doctors should prioritise using herbal medicine or no medicine at all if they would still be at 0% chance of good quality with actual med kits. Would save having to micro-manage forbidding medical supplies if the doctor is the one who is injured and the only person able to heal him is the guy with a bullet wound in his brain, cataracts in both eyes and only one arm.

Teovald

yes please, we need a way to manage meds without having to autorize / forbit the pile each two minutes.

ItchyFlea

I'm not really sure the first thing classifies as a bug.
The 2nd one is a bug, as you shouldn't be able to harvest bionics from dead things, and has been fixed for A9.
The 3rd is a suggestion and should be posted in the suggestions section of the forum.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Sion

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 30, 2015, 03:40:27 AM
The 2nd one is a bug, as you shouldn't be able to harvest bionics from dead things, and has been fixed for A9.

Why not? if the bionic part isn't broken like: been hit by a M-24, it should be fine to reclaim, its not like the corpse is going to miss it, I also think the same could be done to prisoners if the player wants to.

Even in real life you can choose to donate your real organs to someone that would need them if you were to die.
Sure, in RimWorld it wouldn't be the corpses choice but more a "collective decision" taken by the colony.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Sion on January 31, 2015, 10:20:53 AM
Why not? if the bionic part isn't broken like: been hit by a M-24, it should be fine to reclaim, its not like the corpse is going to miss it, I also think the same could be done to prisoners if the player wants to.

Even in real life you can choose to donate your real organs to someone that would need them if you were to die.
Sure, in RimWorld it wouldn't be the corpses choice but more a "collective decision" taken by the colony.
All I know is that Tynan calls it a bug. I do remember he wrote somewhere the reasoning for it, but I don't remember where that was or what the reason was. I do agree with you though. Those parts are far to expensive to just let them go to waste because a raider got a lucky shot.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Coenmcj

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 31, 2015, 06:40:24 PM
Quote from: Sion on January 31, 2015, 10:20:53 AM

All I know is that Tynan calls it a bug. I do remember he wrote somewhere the reasoning for it, but I don't remember where that was or what the reason was. I do agree with you though. Those parts are far to expensive to just let them go to waste because a raider got a lucky shot.
It had something to do with game balancing, as then there was no point in selling the bionics on the market as you could just get a 1000 Point raid and yank them from all the corpses, I'm not quite sure myself on where that thread was either.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

200Down

Sounds like we're do for some more cut-throat traders honestly.