Large bases get defined as "outdoors".

Started by Mr Fun, January 28, 2015, 10:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fun

My compound is so large that the hallways are considered "outdoors" unless I cut my base in half with doors. All the rooms in the base are indoors but the hallways are considered "outdoors" unless I install several doors to make the hallways not be "one big room".

Also colonists don't seem to want to carry food after harvesting it. Most of the time it lays around rotting in the early stages of the game. VERY annoying to have to force them to pick it all up.

ItchyFlea

Please post both the save file and world file of the save that is having this issue. You'll need to zip them up to make them small enough to post on the forum.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

skullywag

i had the big room outdoors bug in A8 very recently, but mike was due to a roof not forming where it should (1 cell). fixed it by walling around that 1 cell and then deleting the walls. Not sure how it happened, the gap was right next to another wall. If you have the old save load it up and enable dev mod and use the tool at the top of the screen to "draw roofs". This will at least show if its a roof issue.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

SilverDragon

I think that's just how the game figures out what are rooms that need to be roofed, when it sees a new enclosed space made that cannot connect to the map edges, it will plonk a roof on it. Very primitive and efficient. :)
It will make roofs as far as it can from the closest walls, but when the rooms are too big, it will leave gaps in the middle. It would be nice to see a screenshot of those hallways you mention, it'd help somewhat. :D

200Down

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 30, 2015, 03:10:35 PM
I think that's just how the game figures out what are rooms that need to be roofed, when it sees a new enclosed space made that cannot connect to the map edges, it will plonk a roof on it. Very primitive and efficient. :)
It will make roofs as far as it can from the closest walls, but when the rooms are too big, it will leave gaps in the middle. It would be nice to see a screenshot of those hallways you mention, it'd help somewhat. :D
^
^
Prolly this. Because it can be worked around by just throwing in doors and removing them as long as there's a wall within what...  5 tiles? or so from it, the roof should stay on then. Unless of course you forgot to remove "no roof" zones.

The food thing is just prioritized extremely low and there's nothing you can do about it tell he adjusts it. Well besides running out of other stuff to haul OR a good workaround for that is always have your kitchen close to growing areas. But yea, hope that gets fixed soon too.