So what are you most happy about in the upcoming update?

Started by Ramsis, January 25, 2015, 12:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So what are you most happy about in the upcoming update? (Explain in comments please!)

New crops! (I always wanted to mix it up a bit with what my colonists were eating!)
17 (11.9%)
Drinking! (After a long day of toiling my colonists deserve a good brew... or twelve...)
41 (28.7%)
Visitor Saving! (I've always felt so bad for leaving my allies out there to die.)
48 (33.6%)
Engravings! (It's such a quirky little system but I think it will be wonderful as the game gets developed.)
14 (9.8%)
Beacon Stockpile! (Why didn't it come sooner?!)
16 (11.2%)
Food Poisoning! (What can I say, I'm a masochist at heart!)
7 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 143

monkeystyxx

For me, it's definitely visitor rescue.

Nothing more annoying than have a visitor gunned down, and yet you're unable to help them without 'capturing' them and annoying their faction.

Hopefully the same gets applied to the random refugees that crash-land on the planet, too. It's a bit harsh that your only option is to capture them and chuck 'em in prison, when they've done nothing wrong except crash into the planet. I'd like to be able to heal them up and ask them if they'd like to stay (THEN capture them if they say no ¬_¬) instead of chucking them in prison.

Notho

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on January 25, 2015, 07:40:16 PM
I know it's not a huge thing, but I do look forward to being able to rescue visitors. I always roll my eyes every time one is injured and the best I can say is, "Well, thanks for the stuff."

Fixed

Cimanyd

Quote from: Notho on January 26, 2015, 08:17:32 PM
I know it's not a huge thing, but I do look forward to being able to rescue visitors. I always roll my eyes every time one is injured and the best I can say is, "Well, I didn't like your faction anyway."

I prefer this.

Two of my colonies had a captured incapacitated ally as their fourth member (so, first recruitment). In A8, you can even make friends with the angry faction again. Eventually. After they attack a few times and you release the survivors.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Coenmcj

Quote from: Ramsis on January 26, 2015, 08:08:07 AM
Quote from: Coenmcj on January 25, 2015, 07:51:02 PM
No love for the tale system?

With all due respect friend, unless the Tale system will be adding buffs or nerfs to things based on what gets put on them I truly could care less for Tales. I mean yeah it's neat and cool for the first 10-15 times you get to read a new story but unless they actually add something to the gameplay it's something that's going to get stale over a certain period of time.

Eh, fair point. But as a self-proclaimed 'story generator' by the dev one would hope it is more important.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

ITypedThis

I voted for "new crops" because reasons.

Reasons that involve being a private tester. (You know what I'm talking about Ramsis. :P)

Just know that it is awesome. :D

huyderman

Drinking, because I've been wanting more ways to deal with bad moods among the colonists. I've had too many colonies caught in a bad-mood death spiral; getting them hammered might give me a window to fix things. :)

Engravings sound really cool too, and being able to rescue visitors will help my bad conciousness for just leaving them there to die...

Ykara

Drinking. Definitely.
Drinking cause of some traits like neurotic, especially when combined with depression. I had such a colonist and she had like on mental break a day. In Alpha 9 i can give such colonists a barrel full of beer a day and hope that it helps.

Vexare

I know it's not a huge thing, but I do look forward to being able to rescue visitors. I always roll my eyes every time one is injured and the best I can say is, "Well, sucks for you."

Yes, this is my biggest favorite on the list and looks like it's getting the most votes so it's a popular fix. It just makes no sense your colonists wouldn't help out allies and IF they do help out they become enemies for it? No sense.

I like to tell stories with my game and this fix will make storytelling much better and I don't have to 'recruit' them to make it interesting. Releasing them back to their own colony to gain favor seems much more interesting.

loc978

It's always the little common sense things we can't do that bug me the most... so of the available choices, I voted visitor saving.

My absolute #1 awesome new feature, though:
Quote from: changelogJan 13
    Colonists, when hauling to stockpiles, always haul the max amount they can carry, and drop the extra nearby if the target cell can’t hold it all.

RickyMartini

Quote from: monkeystyxx on January 26, 2015, 01:57:42 PM
Hopefully the same gets applied to the random refugees that crash-land on the planet, too. It's a bit harsh that your only option is to capture them and chuck 'em in prison, when they've done nothing wrong except crash into the planet. I'd like to be able to heal them up and ask them if they'd like to stay (THEN capture them if they say no �_�) instead of chucking them in prison.

Well also in A8 it's possible to capture them, feed them and treat them right and then release them if you want to give them their freedom. :)

Argon

The hauling system being fixed, maybe I can make it to 10 years now without being frustrated by a killbox choked with shortbows pistols and shoddy slate shivs.

-Argon

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Daemoneyes

Quote from: Argon on February 15, 2015, 08:34:07 PM
The hauling system being fixed, maybe I can make it to 10 years now without being frustrated by a killbox choked with shortbows pistols and shoddy slate shivs.

-Argon

grenades or hauling droids (mod) or reprogram mechanoid (mod)

Cryonist

I like the indoor trade beacons, no more messing with 'no roof zones' anymore.

ShootyFace

I'm excited for everything, but I honestly can't wait for the tales system and engraving, as much to see the story of my colony told as well as to see what other people's crafters and colonies dish out. Hoping we get it this week, dieing to try this alpha out more than any other, really.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning