website change

Started by Amaror, November 10, 2013, 04:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaror

Hey,
anyone know why the rimworldgame website got changed that much?
It looks pretty cool, but the fact that there isn't a header anymore makes it much more difficult to navigate. I had to search a while to even find the forum link.

Tynan

rimworldgame.com is really a sales page. If you want the community hub, definitely start at ludeon.com. I may integrate these more in the future. Still considering how to approach it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Amaror

Ok. Just seems kinda weird having a website just for the sale of the game.
The way the website was before, is pretty much the standart for every website about a game, plus it feels a bit weird having the bar disappear after you click on one of the options.
I also don't know what the problem was with the previous website. It seemed fine to me.
But that's entirely your choice, it just seemed a bit weird to me, since the website was my main way of getting to the forums.

Produno

In my opinion you need to keep the top bar from ludeon.com at rimworldgame.com. It would seem more seamless then and you wouldnt notice it directs you to a different url.
People can then navigate to the forums easily and anything else ludeon related right from the rimworldgame.com url aswell.

Tynan

It's been re-tweaked and integrated back into the main website.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Produno

Ah thats much better, at least from my point of view. Everythings clear and easy to find now :). I did struggle to find the forums link before which if i was a newcomer would have lost you a sale. I like to take a look at the forums if possible before buying a game like this.