Started by billycop32, January 28, 2015, 07:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

what was your reaction?

*facepalm*
I've done that
WAIT ELIS CAN BE SAVED!
rest in peace :P

billycop32

Alright so this is the short story on how I lost(?) my entire colony thanks to a series of errors
the story begins with Elis, my V.8 colony with over 20 members and a awesome food system for the long cold months.

Steel is starting to become scarce on a regular basis despite mining deeper and deeper into the mountain. So I turned to mods.
And I found this awesome thing (or so I thought.)
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6954.0

anyone who looks at this will notice that it is a V.7 mod. I'm running a V8. First mistake.

the second mistake is something that I normally do for mods but I was so excited I failed to do. back up my saves. Second mistake

I bet most of you know where this is going.
cue godlike music as rimworld boots up with it's brand new mod.

I activate the mod and jump into elis. Now for most people a slow game would be a sign of trouble. for me, running a ORIGINAL(one of the first models) vista computer, lag is a every day thing. So after about 10 minutes of lag and beginning the research in the colony to use the mod, I do what I normally do to remove lag.
save the game, quit, boot her up and try again. third and fatal(?) mistake

Now I'm sitting here, with no way to summon back the colony before the mod, and wondering if trying to reboot the colony without the mod will save her. I doubt it. Oh well.

FridayBiology

i've been playing for awhile and only found out how you can backup a week ago :P
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

skullywag

if you edit the save file to remove the mods items and the research, disable the mod, that would save it...right?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

milon

1. Make a backup of what you have now
2. Try skullywag's idea
3. Post results
4. ??
5. Profit!

GlassDeviant

So...you only create one save file for each game, ever?

btw...I actually thought this thread was going to be about using too many mods, something I am excessively guilty of with Skyrim (currently carrying around 165 of them simultaneously).