What Kind of videos

Started by Ranger, January 27, 2015, 10:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger

hey guys,
i would like to start series of videos of rim world and i would like your suggestions on what would you like to see in those videos.

example:
Seeing what happens if
Beginners tutorial
Other

DaPieGuy

You could do some nice tutorial and strategies on how to survive raids, heat or hunger etc. Or do a little roleplay with the prepare carefully mod and make a cool set of colonists that make sense being together, for example, some soldiers or prisoners. (I did the crew from firefly. So much fun!)

RemingtonRyder

I think what makes a Rimworld video interesting to me is seeing that the player has a firm grasp of the game.

milon

For me, it has to be entertaining and/or informative.  A firm grasp of the game goes without saying (in my mind), but that doesn't make me want to watch it.  I agree with DaPieGuy that tutorials, strategies, and scenarios/challenges would be a good draw.

GlassDeviant

I prefer shorter videos that address a single aspect of the game, like "how do I do research?" or "How do I scavenge ruins?" for example, rather than the (overwhelming preponderance of) "Let's Play" or "Playthrough" videos. The later are great when you are just starting out, but towards the end of a long series of them (10+) I am wondering if the poster is somehow brain damaged when I see some of the decisions he has made...which is scarey considering that I am just starting to play the game. Example: Why destroy the cooler on your food storage room BEFORE building the new cooler you wanted on the other wall? If no colonist gets around to it for several days and you don't notice it, all your food spoils and your colony is fubared.