Tales system

Started by a89a89, January 25, 2015, 04:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a89a89

What exactly is the tales system?

shade88

It seems to be a system that adds background stories to certain items. For example, in the descriptions of weapons engravings are added that tell stories of past events that happened in the colony. I think the change log mentioned that there will be randomly generated stories too, in case the item can't call on colony events.

milon

^ ie. Raider weapons may be engraved based on a randomly generated backstory.

userfredle

From what ive seen tynan likes a lot of elements from dwarf fortress, and i think this is where hes going with it.

In DF you can read the entire history behind your world every king killed by an assassin, every ancient evil awoken and towns destroyed, every heroes triumph over said ancient evil, you get the idea.

I believe you will be able to relive the memories of raids, deaths, famine, in an info page and also can be reminisced through legendary items by your craftsmen.

Obviously this is a nugget of fat, and doesnt add much to the game but brings the story generation and immersion to a whole new level that most games look past, and i find it awesome!

muffins

I have the feeling that I'll be doodling some of the described artwork that crops up in-game after A9 is released  ;D

userfredle

Quote from: muffins on February 02, 2015, 01:50:47 AM

I have the feeling that I'll be doodling some of the described artwork that crops up in-game after A9 is released  ;D

That sounds like an awesome way to immerse yourself in the world and relate to your colonists, wish i was that creative to take the time to do it

Argon

This work shows a picture of Allione the Luddite having his nose removed to save him from a severe infection.

-Argon

TKS

Quote from: Argon on February 03, 2015, 09:55:18 PM
This work shows a picture of Allione the Luddite having his nose removed to save him from a severe infection.

-Argon
;D

I love it.